Power Indiabulls (PIB) To Metastock/Amibroker Convertor

deb99891

Hi
New version 2.0 of PIB2MS is uploaded with following new feature on http://quotesondesk.googlepages.com

It will auto-refresh MS chart view. If you don't want frequent refreshes (aka flickers) then set interval between auto-refreshes to a high value. Additionally you can always manually refresh chart view in MS with View->Refresh menu option whenevr you want.

Enjoy !
Stokist
yes sir
after installin here i am facing some problems.
1.ms is refreshing after a fixed interval of 1 min.
though i am selecting a shorter time frame for it.
2. it stop working after a continious working of say 10 mnts(i.e the ms stop refreshing at all)
then i had to stop the utility n start again to get datas
can u suggest what can i do.?
another prob=when i am attaching the pib data folder then the all excell files r gettin attached......i want to attach only nifty future)
P.S if the same can be converted to ami then i can use ami as the ami is auto refreshable.
sir can u help me for the afresaid problems?
regards
deb99891

yes sir
after installin here i am facing some problems.
1.ms is refreshing after a fixed interval of 1 min.
though i am selecting a shorter time frame for it.
2. it stop working after a continious working of say 10 mnts(i.e the ms stop refreshing at all)
then i had to stop the utility n start again to get datas
can u suggest what can i do.?
another prob=when i am attaching the pib data folder then the all excell files r gettin attached......i want to attach only nifty future)
P.S if the same can be converted to ami then i can use ami as the ami is auto refreshable.
sir can u help me for the afresaid problems?
regards
deb99891
1) This I guess is PIB problem (quotes are not downloaded continuouslty but may be in gaps)
2) Need to check this....
3) currently no filtering of symbols possible but I think its good idea to give user option to either select symbol(s).
4) Inseatd of MS u can read the MS data in amibroker. Chech attachement of another thread for procedure. Link here http://www.traderji.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=20385

deb99891

1) This I guess is PIB problem (quotes are not downloaded continuouslty but may be in gaps)
2) Need to check this....
3) currently no filtering of symbols possible but I think its good idea to give user option to either select symbol(s).
4) Inseatd of MS u can read the MS data in amibroker. Chech attachement of another thread for procedure. Link here http://www.traderji.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=20385
BUT SIR IT IS IN MDI FORMAT
I CAN NOT READ IT
can u help a bit more plz?
(yes no prob i can use AMI )
regards

Getting lots of queries on how to use this utility. Following are the steps to use this application.

You need Microsoft .Net 2.0 or higher to run this application.

Download latest version of PIB2Metastock from http://quotesondesk.googlepages.com

Copy the downloaded executable in any folder you want (or you can create a new folder "PIB2MS" and keep the executable there.)

1) During market hours start your PIB software. Select stocks in PIB for which you want quotes/charts. See that you are able to view charts in PIB with live data.

2) Start PIB2MS application.

3) Select PIB Directory where you have .csv files for the stocks you selected above.

4) Select directory where you want converted MS data to be stored. Preferrably select empty directory for this.

5) Start MS application

6) In MS open the folder you selected above for MS data. Select the symbol(s) you want to see the charts for in MS.

7) MS chart will be auto refreshed when new quotes are avilable/downloaded by PIB. In PIB2MS you can select pause/wait duration between successive refresesh if you want to avoid frequent flickers. Additionally you can manually select View->Refresh in MS to refresh the charts.

8) If you want to see/use converted data in Amibroker please refer to the attachement in this thread http://www.traderji.com/misc.php?do=...hments&t=20385

Hope this helps
Stokist

Raju

Hi Stokist ,
I am applying with IndiaBulls for demat account (presently with sharekhan) and will try to use u'r utility.

Thanks,
Raju

Hi Stockist,

I am novice in RT Data providers and Charting Softwares... Can you please answer to my Qs?...

To use PIB2MS/Ami, we have to have an account with IB with PIB platform... Then from where will we get MetaStock or Amibroker?... Are they available in net?.... IF so, how much that will Cost for 3 Months subscription?...

Or Do we have any free RT data providing and Charting softwares?

I would sincerely appreciate ur response...
Thanks,
Sats.

Sats,
Yes, to use this utility u need PIB with account and MS/Ami software. MS/Ami are paid charting/analysis softwares - search on their websites/google to know more. There are free softwares too - u will find enough info on Traderji itself.
RT data is not free (and probably will never be - publishing RT data in public domain is not legal AFAIK)