Pair Trading - Exploring The Low Risk Statistical Arbitrage Trading Concepts

travi

As Far as I know there is no dependency on C++ for python. Anyway if its working for you its great!!

However after a clean installation of python you can run the following commands to verify the python installation:
python --version
pip --version

If pip is not working you may try to force pip usage by running the command :
python -m ensurepip --default-pip
Hi ncube.
Nice initiative, haven't gone through the thread but its definitely a must read one :D

Regarding, C++ 2015, VJay is right, you need MS Build Tools for 2015/2017 bcos pip compiles those packages when downloaded from repositories.
This is more of a Linux structure rather than windows :D

Since your System is configured as a development PC, you would have visual studio 2015 etc installed which has that prerequisite.

Suggestion for all other guys trying to run / install pip packages,
you can directly download precompiled binaries which are also called Wheel files and use
pip install <path-to-wheel-file> this should work

When running pip commands, always check the output of each command, Error indicates some problem.

This site is popular for precompiled binaries https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
try something like https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#statsmodels
statsmodels-0.9.0-cp37-cp37m-win32.whl this should work for Windows systems.

Just be sure to download correct Architecture and compatible python version.
Im not very proficient in python, but I know 2.7 and 3.X is a major version change. 3.7 is latest. so read same in Wheel files.

ncube

yes I done....is we need to every time install these to run jupyter notebook?
No, once python is installed you need to install these libraries. After than when you run Jupyter notebook, it will automatically be available.
Check if you have installed these packages after starting the Jupyter notebook? If it was done while Jupyter notebook is running then it will not be available in the current jupyter notebook instance, you need to stop the jupyter notebook instance and start it again from a new windows command window.

VJAY

Hi ncube.
Nice initiative, haven't gone through the thread but its definitely a must read one :D

Regarding, C++ 2015, VJay is right, you need MS Build Tools for 2015/2017 bcos pip compiles those packages when downloaded from repositories.
This is more of a Linux structure rather than windows :D

Since your System is configured as a development PC, you would have visual studio 2015 etc installed which has that prerequisite.

Suggestion for all other guys trying to run / install pip packages,
you can directly download precompiled binaries which are also called Wheel files and use
pip install <path-to-wheel-file> this should work

When running pip commands, always check the output of each command, Error indicates some problem.

This site is popular for precompiled binaries https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
try something like https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#statsmodels
statsmodels-0.9.0-cp37-cp37m-win32.whl this should work for Windows systems.

Just be sure to download correct Architecture and compatible python version.
Im not very proficient in python, but I know 2.7 and 3.X is a major version change. 3.7 is latest. so read same in Wheel files.
Dear ravi bro,
how can I download this wheel files ?I tryed your links it showing only some commands ...Please help and bear with my dumb techy querries ...(am also dumb in technical things)

travi

Dear ravi bro,
how can I download this wheel files ?I tryed your links it showing only some commands ...Please help and bear with my dumb techy querries ...(am also dumb in technical things)
Can you
Dear ravi bro,
when doing pip, in which package you're facing issue?

Download this package statsmodels-0.9.0-cp37-cp37m-win32.whl from that link.

then run cmd as admin,
cd...… do change directory, and go to where the file is downloaded

and execute command like this

pip install statsmodels-0.9.0-cp37-cp37m-win32.whl

VJAY

Dear ncube/ravi bro,
How can I check all required libraryies installed by command?means pips, pandas, matplotlib,statsmodels etc ?

travi

Dear ncube/ravi bro,
How can I check all required libraryies installed by command?means pips, pandas, matplotlib,statsmodels etc ?
just run
pip install <package-name like pandas etc>
for all the packages in cmd

You should get output like this:
"Requirement already satisfied:"...

or pip show, type
pip --help for more info

ncube

Dear ncube/ravi bro,
You can check the status of python & pip as I mentioned in my earlier post:
As Far as I know there is no dependency on C++ for python. Anyway if its working for you its great!!

However after a clean installation of python you can run the following commands to verify the python installation:
python --version
pip --version

If pip is not working you may try to force pip usage by running the command :
python -m ensurepip --default-pip
For other libraries when you run the pip commands it will download the required files from and start the installation once installed it will say mention that the library is successfully installed. Please note you need internet connection when you run these pip commands.

Also when you run the jupyter cells, if the import is not successful it will through error that the module is not available, which means the library is not installed properly.

VJAY

just run
pip install <package-name like pandas etc>
for all the packages in cmd

You should get output like this:
"Requirement already satisfied:"...

or pip show, type
pip --help for more info
Thanks ravi bro....some thing wrong here :(

Untitled.png

VJAY

I think need to uninstall all and re install python as I allready played a lot in it since early morning today ...:(