Options - when to exercise this call (european style)

SavantGarde

Extra cost...??? It is just mandatory charges that one is normally charged...on Buy & Sell ... while STT is charged only on SELL for Derivatives segment....Frankly, people make too big a thing about this or that charges....and in the process forget about Honing their Trading Skills.... Personally, I have never bothered about charges & etc...!!!
Frankly, there maybe a few less charges if settled by exchanges....at expiry....I do remember.... that in 2006...if an option was settled on its own...there was no Brokerage....& there was something else that wasn't charged.... but can't say what happens presently....!!!

I am sure somebody can jump in here and fill the blanks in the reply... or correct it entirely...!!!

SG

that means I can leave it uncovered without any worry and let it be cash settled by exchange but how much extra cost be charged by exchange, please guide.:)

SavantGarde

I would ...definitely not Mind... if You, YourGuru & what was that other word..you used....oh yeah Darjeeling......... Short 4900 PE.... by the way I haven't written 4900 CE yet... I just wait for the right moment....which hasn't presented itself...Yet...!!!

SG

Dont mind if my Guru/Darling make me write that 4900 PE option .................it means we are in a bull market :thumb: (kiran learn learn learn subject every where)

LivetoTrade

I would ...definitely not Mind... if You, YourGuru & what was that other word..you used....oh yeah Darjeeling......... Short 4900 PE.... by the way I haven't written 4900 CE yet... I just wait for the right moment....which hasn't presented itself...Yet...!!!

SG
And, will you still wait for the 800 levels to look for a short on the CE?

SavantGarde

Not yet... only after expiry... & perhaps a couple days of nice Up move.....and then we shall see.... for any chinks in the Up move... or else the plan shall be dumped ...and may look for something... in the April series....It will all depend... on the strength/weakness of Nifty.....Plans can always shelved or canned ...:)

SG

And, will you still wait for the 800 levels to look for a short on the CE?