Options Adjustments

toughard

lemondew

It was good indeed. I didnt ve to google what EMA means and how it has to be read. the chart with explanation showed me well :thumb:

QUOTE=toughard;970438]
thats really kind of you :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
[/QUOTE]

yan

dear yan welcome...

I don't use any special software...
the chart in on amibroker with simple EMA5 and EMA11...
OI you can see on excel with nse option data or on nse site....
I selected 7400 as it was just OTM as OTM's catch up fire when during last week of contract...

Please let me know if you need more info...
What is EMA5 &EMA11.. I'm trying to understood your strategy ,how you trade on 7400 pe on today . I need to know option strategy from beginning . Can you help me out.
Thanks

toughard

lemondew

hi toughard,

Been good looking at ema crossover. Just had few queries on that one

1. If there is a crossover after a long time, that is 2 to 3 hours. Can it be considered a fair indicator of a direction change. Or is it better to enter on crossover of some trending stocks. Sometimes there are very frequent crossovers that cant be traded into.
2. Is it more for intraday trading or swing trading
3. What is the timeframe in which you see the graph. Intraday or 2-3 day charts?

http://www.bazaartrend.com/nsecharts/intraday-free.php works good for me.

Thanks for now. Looking into ema

toughard

Good questions in fact.....

1. If there is a crossover after a long time, that is 2 to 3 hours. Can it be considered a fair indicator of a direction change. Or is it better to enter on crossover of some trending stocks. Sometimes there are very frequent crossovers that cant be traded into.
let think that we are using EMA cross on 3-5MIN charts....

every cross over is fair!!!! its open a route flow for price to travel BUT when price refuses it can not do anything.... I am controversially contra on this matter as I always said that when EMA cross over system gives a whipsaw then its not that the system is struggling... it the PRICE/MARKET that is struggling to make a mind...

But this should not tamper our profits so I have filter of PHL... after cross over if the price breaks a PH/L then try to enter...

this is excellent system specially cross happening near S/R... last day was an good example of cross happening at important resistance.... an high probability trade set up....

For Intraday trading using any trend following system High beta stocks are good, they by default have good liquidity

each cross over can be attempted with filler mentioned above bcz we don't know which one may give you good profit... or stick with High Pro set ups...

2. Is it more for intraday trading or swing trading

I use them from one minute to weekly charts

3. What is the timeframe in which you see the graph. Intraday or 2-3 day charts?

For intraday trading I use 1-5 min charts

Last edited:

lemondew

Ok again OI has been confusing but as I see now for
at PE 7200 : 902,450 positions added Total :3,552,250
at CE 7300 : 1,366,000 positions added Total :4,479,050
at CE 7400 : 1,692,200 positions added Total :6,712,350

So by our analogy if a crossover happens around 7200 we have to get into business. It shouldnt cross 7350 resistance as well. In this case poor 7300 sellers must ve sold at 50 Rs. Interesting lets see.

Post edited:

Last edited:

toughard

its an expiry week so lets just look at few levels....
7300 CE OI as it kept rising and 7400 CE OI also proving a cushion.....

its clear sell on rise till 7300CE holds 40-43M OI...

see this is what happening when price is hitting around near middle option strike 7350....

NS staying below 7280 make us to buy 7200/7250 PE for quick exit or a EMA cross below/at 7300 is good signal....

toughard

CE OI Additions sustained so expecting gap down tomorrow and bough small quantity of 7200 PE @8.85...

toughard

NF 3min EMA5/11 CROSS chart gave good signals today.... with futures can be made decent profits but was very reasonable for option traders due to less momentum