Option Selling during quarterly results

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Tomorrow is Wipro's result. Historically Wipro announces results post market hours. Wipro's IV Percentile is 86. Will wait tomorrow and see if it reaches 90. Will try to deploy straddle in the afternoon.

1594652344096.png

1594652519322.png

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Today morning opened the straddle for Wipro. But closed it since it moved away from the Strikes.There was liquidity issues. The booked profit was about 5.5K. But will be posting the simulation for educational purpose for a few days. This is how it stands at EOD.

1594725150831.png

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Looks like there is a consensus opinion among traders that all those who want to share their own learnings are losers.
As I have nothing more to share.Just simple techniques that can earn money provided risk managment and displine is maintained.
Will be participating in chitchat in common threads where our most profitable traders are lingering.

Mods please close this thread.

travi

Looks like there is a consensus opinion among traders that all those who want to share their own learnings are losers.
As I have nothing more to share.Just simple techniques that can earn money provided risk managment and displine is maintained.
Will be participating in chitchat in common threads where our most profitable traders are lingering.

arre bhai, you are a lion. Forum is not for the weak-hearted. I can learn a lot from you in PM but let us do our good part and participate here.

I came here just to understand the Wipro trade :) Good you posted it. Yes, Short straddles/strangles can get hurt in large moves. Anyway, stick to the rules.

newtrader101

Why, nobody has commented to that effect . Thanks Sanju for sharing your knowledge and experience. Quite useful.

kharikumaar

what is this consensus thing.? i saw it on the other thread also.

if people want to think of others as losers and themselves as winners its upto them. why should one bother about what people think when they dont contribute. i know when i post my little views quite a few may be internally laughing , but who cares i make money on my strategy and am happy to try and help someone else ( even if it is one person i'm happy).

Sanju bhai, why would you think like that! There are many traders who really appreciate your posts and learn from them. Please continue to remain active on this thread, don't close it.

The trading idea that you have shared looks real good. The most troubling situation in Option Selling is the Black Swan type of event, when the position goes into massive loss and we are not able to close our position. How would this method, handle that scenario ? Profits of many quarters might get wiped in a single day, no ?

Thanks and regards

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Sanju bhai, why would you think like that! There are many traders who really appreciate your posts and learn from them. Please continue to remain active on this thread, don't close it.

The trading idea that you have shared looks real good. The most troubling situation in Option Selling is the Black Swan type of event, when the position goes into massive loss and we are not able to close our position. How would this method, handle that scenario ? Profits of many quarters might get wiped in a single day, no ?

Thanks and regards
As per my understanding there is a consensus opinion among traders here that people come here to chat with fellow traders and most people loose money so I better teach them something so that he doesnt loose money.

That way everyone here has become a teacher
This person thinks so. Who has not contributed a single teaspoon worth knowledge to others of course if he has any.