Open letter to all Bears !

of late i find a lot of doom sayers in traderji , just one simple question can anyone kindly also post their logic(let charts do all the talking) behind such bearishness ... its very easy to get carried away when the market keeps going down , as is the case on the way up aswell ... i keep hearing targets of 3700 , 3800 on the nifty when even the uptrend in the weekly which started in 2006 has not been broken (this tl might be broken on monday but the point is it has not broken yet) ..also i heard someone in CNBC GIVING FOUR DIGIT targets for sensex.
One more question ,where was the bearishnesses of you guys in the first half of jan08 ?...when you dont have to ability to identify an impending crash how come you guys suddenly have to ability to set levels for nifty and sensex ?.
Enc. nifty weekly and hourly
boss,

bullish scentiment is good for our country.

But as per charts cant be able to agree with u.

I would like to request u to change the mentality with change of trend rather playing/finding supports.

I do respect u and interestingly follow ur posts 2. But fighting with the trend can make us nowhere.

Ur Bharti long trading is an small example of it.

regards
gk

Cactus

of late i find a lot of doom sayers in traderji , just one simple question can anyone kindly also post their logic(let charts do all the talking) behind such bearishness ... its very easy to get carried away when the market keeps going down , as is the case on the way up aswell ... i keep hearing targets of 3700 , 3800 on the nifty
One more question ,where was the bearishnesses of you guys in the first half of jan08 ?...when you dont have to ability to identify an impending crash how come you guys suddenly have to ability to set levels for nifty and sensex ?.
Rajaram,

Isn't sounding ....ODD.....?

i just want guys who talk about 4 digit levels for sensex to come out with their charts showing everyone how based on the chart patterns it will reach that level..
I have nothing against bears as long as their argument carries logic...my only reason to open this thread is to bring sanity behind decision making.
Its very easy to become extremely bullish in an uptrend and extremely bearish in a downtrend but once we become fixed in our mind then even if we spot an opportunity our mind will ignore it ..this is exactly what we saw in dec 07 and jan 08(first half) ,when traderji was flooded with buy calls from x,y and z , when every one went long believing that the market will go only up and lost big money in no time ... now people are going short and even if we start an uptrend from here they will continue to go short and you never know history might repeat itself..

boss,

bullish scentiment is good for our country.

But as per charts cant be able to agree with u.

I would like to request u to change the mentality with change of trend rather playing/finding supports.

I do respect u and interestingly follow ur posts 2. But fighting with the trend can make us nowhere.

Ur Bharti long trading is an small example of it.

regards
gk
dear gk,

I have already mentioned 788 as SL and inspite of this mayhem bharti is holding alright.

Cactus

There is nothing like bulish or berishness........Traders change their skin according to trend.......actually......they don't trade index/stocks.....they trade......sentiments.......

I repeat.......sentiments.......(not sentimental trading).....

As far as retailers are concern....... they always goes with sentimental system.........:)

Prabhjeet

If there is any bullishness prevailing then let me try to clear the bullish minds.
We are very well in a bear market keeping in mind the Intermediate trend and possibly dangerously close to starting a Primary bear market.

First of all look at the 50 week Moving average of nifty for past 5 years and you will find that Nifty has never closed about 1% below it crossed around 1800 levels in 2003, that was the start of primary bull market. On friday we have closed well below 50 week moving average of 4975, pretty important signal.

Secondly though not exactly clear at the moment but Nifty has formed a lower pivot high at 5500 and is about to break the pivot low of 4430 on weekly charts, once we get a confirmation of lower pivot low then it would be clearly a downtrend and it would be foolish to take long positions.

Waiting for next week to be confirmation signal

U

uasish

rajaram,

Personally i am in sync with you regarding just making a projection without any supportive document,though we all know nothing is absolute in TA ,hence any directional call on Bharti may fail or prabhajetendra's logic may prevail.
We traders have to take a directional bias before initiating a Trade & that cant be on Thin air only,becoz OUR MONEY :) is going to be at stake,not our so called REPUTATION as T.Analyst.:D,as at end of month Reputation is not Cashable.

Asish

oxusmorouz

First of all look at the 50 week Moving average of nifty for past 5 years and you will find that Nifty has never closed about 1% below it crossed around 1800 levels in 2003, that was the start of primary bull market. On friday we have closed well below 50 week moving average of 4975, pretty important signal.
Between 14 May 2004 to 16 July 2004. You obviously were not around during the sensex crash on 17th may 04 when the UPA took over and the left party started talking crap about communism, end of disinvestment and death sentence to stock market speculators (ok, this one is a bit stretched, but would have probably gone to that extent) etc? :D

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4454/niftymovavgzc0.png

You will also notice that a close below the 50 week MA marked the end of the decline in 2004, and several instances in the past. So your hypothesis about "a fall below 50week MA by more than 1% having predictive power" is invalid.

Secondly though not exactly clear at the moment but Nifty has formed a lower pivot high at 5500 and is about to break the pivot low of 4430 on weekly charts, once we get a confirmation of lower pivot low then it would be clearly a downtrend and it would be foolish to take long positions.
I do not understand one point. Why is it that people talk about a decline as if it is the end of the world?

If this is the definition of a bear market:
A market condition in which the prices of securities are falling or are expected to fall.
Then saying the market is in a bear turn after it has fallen by 30% is futile, because it is historical information and serves no predictive purpose. Saying, let's wait for a confirmation of nifty tanking by another 10% is pretty comical, because after it has tanked by 10%, you cannot profit from the information you have (had).

If you say it is a bear market because the market is expected to fall more, by how much and why?

Last edited:
of late i find a lot of doom sayers in traderji , just one simple question can anyone kindly also post their logic(let charts do all the talking) behind such bearishness ... its very easy to get carried away when the market keeps going down , as is the case on the way up aswell ... i keep hearing targets of 3700 , 3800 on the nifty when even the uptrend in the weekly which started in 2006 has not been broken (this tl might be broken on monday but the point is it has not broken yet)
Enc. nifty weekly and hourly
what is your logic for being bullish without posting that, why you are asking people to let you know their logic ? my logic "long term stock market will trace gdp growth" give 10% each year

2004 6000 600 6600
2005 6600 660 7260
2006 7260 726 7986
2007 7986 798.6 8784.6
2008 8784.6 878.46 9663.06

now what is your logic ?

..also i heard someone in CNBC GIVING FOUR DIGIT targets for sensex.
I have another thread here on Apr 04 , 2007 , "Can Sensex see 7500 in 1 year " , even when the sensex touched 20000 i had the same view.

why are you so irritated with people's views ? how deep you are in sensex/nifty ?

thanks
Srinivas