NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
You mean 2.6? as 2.5.1 is already installed. ;)

Possibly also implies that Nest has a new corresponding 1.6.

Will try to look into it and let you know if there are issues, but may be delayed a day or two.
yes its 2.6.0.0 version.........:D

yusi

again NOW asking to install nest plus 2.06 ..........:mad:
Installed Plus 2.6.0 and did a quick check... none of the changes affect Now2Ami; Plus backfill and other operations appear okay.

Ravi, in the Hourly Statistics windows for equity symbols that are in F&O, e.g. RELIANCE-EQ, the Open Interest column shows values. Cannot make sense of the values; any idea?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Ravi, in the Hourly Statistics windows for equity symbols that are in F&O, e.g. RELIANCE-EQ, the Open Interest column shows values. Cannot make sense of the values; any idea?
no yusi, have no idea about this value......

TraderRavi

low risk profile
yusi , while starting Nowtoami if amibroker is not opened already it gives message "check for amibroker failed", but if amibroker already opened it says check succesful and starts another amibroker, and I have to close old amibroker to start capturing.........what is be the reason for this ?

yusi

yusi , while starting Nowtoami if amibroker is not opened already it gives message "check for amibroker failed", but if amibroker already opened it says check succesful and starts another amibroker, and I have to close old amibroker to start capturing.........what is be the reason for this ?
Something that started happening recently? It typically means that you have installed Ami without uninstalling the old one.

Internally, it means that you have two entries in the registry. To verify this: search the registry for "Broker.Application", you will find multiple entries under HKCR and HKLM. Note the ClsId under the result; verify that there are two different ClsIds available in the same subtree. If this is correct, one entry is used when you start Ami manually, and the other is used by Now2Ami. That is why you "have to close old amibroker to start capturing".

Solution: Using one the freely available registry cleaners should solve your problem. The other option is to do it manually by renaming/deleting the off one. In either case, the statutory warning -- do backup your registry before you try anything.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Ravi, any luck? A quick run with Crap Cleaner (or rather CCleaner for the family channel) perhaps.

This is one of those problems that would be difficult for me to recreate.
I will PM u screenshot of registry , where I found only one entry under broker application , I also cleaned registry by CC cleaner........

VJAY

Dear Yusi,
How can I backup my system registery files?

Status
Not open for further replies.