Nifty Options Fortune Trades.

nareshch

One doubt. If nifty moves sharply in the las half an hour on expiry day why cant we sell in the last two minutes and leave the position unsquared on expiry day . Suppose the nifty moved from 2800 to 2850 in the last hour and we sold around 2845,can we get the rate of 2825 on expiry day if left unsquared. Please clarify
I think i am not communicating properly. BUT , What i am saying is ,even nifty cash shoots in last 15 minutes , futures / options wont shoot up. They will increase as per the prevailing average which we cannot calculate for our selves. But most of the times i see Fut and opt stuck at the cash value @3:15 pm and raie very minute compare to cash

Naresh

Hi
I am new in the market please explain me how to trade in nifty options
some one sending me Buy at 5909 target 5926 like this I did not understand

Hi,

1. I have purchased OCTOBER NIFTY 5800 PUT at premium of Rs.95.00. I have already paid Rs.4750.00 + brokerage + tax. Just want to know when will i start making profit. Also, if I allow it to expire what profit/loss will happen at expiry.

2. I have purchased NOVEMBER NIFTY 6500 CALL at premium of Rs.41.00. I have already paid Rs.2050.00 +brokerage + tax. Want to know when I will start making profit. Also, on expiry if NIFTY is below 6500 will I have to pay any money more or do i loss Rs.2050.00 + brokerage + tax only.

Thanks for your assistance.

columbus

Hi
I am new in the market please explain me how to trade in nifty options
some one sending me Buy at 5909 target 5926 like this I did not understand
First of all ,i think you are not talking about OPTIONS because
they have strike values like 6000,6100,6200 ... or 6050,6150,6250.......
Moreover they deal with Premiums only.

I think you are talking about FUTURES because the statements like
"....Buy at 5909 target 5926....." if one is bullish.

If you want to know more Stock Market then first invest in Equity
and learn about F&O slowly.Otherwise learn about them in small way
by investing in Minifty ,whose lot size is 20 only.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Hi,

1. I have purchased OCTOBER NIFTY 5800 PUT at premium of Rs.95.00. I have already paid Rs.4750.00 + brokerage + tax. Just want to know when will i start making profit. Also, if I allow it to expire what profit/loss will happen at expiry.

2. I have purchased NOVEMBER NIFTY 6500 CALL at premium of Rs.41.00. I have already paid Rs.2050.00 +brokerage + tax. Want to know when I will start making profit. Also, on expiry if NIFTY is below 6500 will I have to pay any money more or do i loss Rs.2050.00 + brokerage + tax only.

Thanks for your assistance.
NIFTY is at 6030...if moves up then your call premium will increase but put premium will decrease and vice versa...call and put premium dacay fast with time..so keep strict vigil on premiums....you dont have to pay any money now in any case..but you want to increase your premium to make profit.....so sell these call and put when they have more premium price than you purchased.....so your max loss is premium paid by you....

TraderRavi

low risk profile
One doubt. If nifty moves sharply in the las half an hour on expiry day why cant we sell in the last two minutes and leave the position unsquared on expiry day . Suppose the nifty moved from 2800 to 2850 in the last hour and we sold around 2845,can we get the rate of 2825 on expiry day if left unsquared. Please clarify
interesting question...any answer please...

NIFTY is at 6030...if moves up then your call premium will increase but put premium will decrease and vice versa...call and put premium dacay fast with time..so keep strict vigil on premiums....you dont have to pay any money now in any case..but you want to increase your premium to make profit.....so sell these call and put when they have more premium price than you purchased.....so your max loss is premium paid by you....
jlo001,

Thanks very much. I think i got your point. Just a small clarification, i understand that if the premium for 1st goes above 95 then i make profit and if it is less then i lose the premium on expiry and nothing more. For 2nd also it is same as above, is it not, thanks

TraderRavi

low risk profile
jlo001,

Thanks very much. I think i got your point. Just a small clarification, i understand that if the premium for 1st goes above 95 then i make profit and if it is less then i lose the premium on expiry and nothing more. For 2nd also it is same as above, is it not, thanks
see..your 6500 call is @ 25 today..bought @ 41....(loss of 16 points = 16 x 50 = 800 Rs. )
and 5800 put is @ 32...bought @ 95...(loss of 63 points = 63 x 50 = 3150 Rs.)...premium decays very fast with time......BTW YOU BOUGHT THESE OPTIONS ON WHICH DAY...?

see..your 6500 call is @ 25 today..bought @ 41....(loss of 16 points = 16 x 50 = 800 Rs. )
and 5800 put is @ 32...bought @ 95...(loss of 63 points = 63 x 50 = 3150 Rs.)...premium decays very fast with time......BTW YOU BOUGHT THESE OPTIONS ON WHICH DAY...?
Thanks,
October Put 5800 was purchased on 7th September, 2010
November Call 6500 was purchased on 29th September, 2010. Today it is at 62.00