Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

R M

Can someone help me out interpreting the data here..my brain is fried analysing other professional things... so would greatly appreciate group thinking..
The below picture shows the FII statistics and participant wise position

The FII statistics suggested FII bought 192 crores of Index options... but participant wise contracts dont show any buying at all.. all show up as contracts liquidated... does it mean they were short and covered it?
Hi Option Trader

Participant OI data is net outstanding OI in the segment and Participant volume are the contracts traded that day. Perhaps these Charts will make things simpler to understand.

regards.
rm

jamit_05

Hi Option Trader

Participant OI data is net outstanding OI in the segment and Participant volume are the contracts traded that day. Perhaps these Charts will make things simpler to understand.

regards.
rm

Great link dude... summarizes the whole mess of numbers in fluent charts ;)

You are probably right, man.

PEs, top OTM 4, have added 15L, whereas CE, top OTM 4, have added only 6L;

Some upside is on the cards... 5550 is a good place to start taking chances.
The fact that 5600PE still has OI of around 6million- is it that these writers are taking a longer term view ie. upto expiry of series?

5300 ce saw 40% increase in oi today what does that mean.
The quantity is not huge in absolute terms. So possibly some sort of multi leg option stratergy coming into play.

NF below 5427 will start seeing 5500PE unwinding - rough calculations.
For 5600PE the level seems 5471. 5700PE should surrender for NF fall below 5495. (These are rough calculations based on LTP as I do not yet know how to ascertain at which rate max. writing took place!).
For 5500CE am looking at 5580 NF levels.

Last edited:

jamit_05

@OT

It is about time this thread got an upgrade.

Could you start posting Option Spread Trades. This is a very comfortable form of trading but attracts least attention due to the technical knowledge it requires.

jamit_05

OI on the PE side has ramped up to 25L, But CE is only 8L. Unless this situation takes a U-turn we might be in for some bullish surprise.... but 5550 looks more possible now than it did in the morning. If it happens, I for sure am buying some Puts... only little though.

OI on the PE side has ramped up to 25L, But CE is only 8L. Unless this situation takes a U-turn we might be in for some bullish surprise.... but 5550 looks more possible now than it did in the morning. If it happens, I for sure am buying some Puts... only little though.
5400PE writing Is profitable till 5360 approx. 5600PE & 5500PE both have started surrendering. So a bounce back to 5550 looks difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.