Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

R M

Many times FII also make use of Option Buying for Hedging their positions that they have taken in Cash Markets so as to mitigate the losses.Hence coupe of times OI can also have mixture of writing+buying.If it would have so easy to determine whether its writing or buying then money making wont be that much tedious job in markets.
Can't say anything about ease of money making but can surely add my two cents on "writing or buying".

Every time an option is written a fresh contract gets added so OI has to go up.

An option may be bought from a writer (OI going up) or from an earlier buyer (OI remains same) or it can be bought back by the writer (OI going down as the contract is extinguished).

So it is safe to say that if OI is going up - it is writing and if OI is going down it is buying. I am afraid that money making still remains difficult. :)

regards.
rm

This is a true horror movie for Bulls... just a look at daily charts shows the immediate cliff points...
1st cliff - 5611 - also 200DMA
2nd cliff - 5540 - minor
3rd cliff - 5200 and finally plunge to 5100

Well we only hope that 5700PE does not have loose motion tomorrow and then all bets are off... let me take a look at OI trade next
Wonder what Sexy trader has to tell?

jamit_05

Well we only hope that 5700PE does not have loose motion tomorrow and then all bets are off... let me take a look at OI trade next
5700 PE let loose 11 L in OI today. It reached almost 92 L intraday and at closing it is only 81 L; This is clear cut weakness. For further affirmations, will wait for sub 70 L levels at closing tomorrow.

SexyTrader

This is a true horror movie for Bulls... just a look at daily charts shows the immediate cliff points...
1st cliff - 5611 - also 200DMA
2nd cliff - 5540 - minor
3rd cliff - 5200 and finally plunge to 5100

Things do look that way, but Monday would be a very IMPORTANT day is what I can say!

Monday will tell us if the Bulls really have given up :thumb: For now, buying 5400 PE is sensible hence I did that coz got it DIRT-Cheap ...atleast a double or triple :D

jamit_05

5700 PE let loose 11 L in OI today. It reached almost 92 L intraday and at closing it is only 81 L; This is clear cut weakness. For further affirmations, will wait for sub 70 L levels at closing tomorrow.

5700 PE still holding at 83L; No Panic at 5750 SPOT. With 4 trading days to go for expiry, writers are expecting a closing above 5700 Spot. Interesting.

5600/5700 PE still holding on at 80L odd OI.. 5700CE getting massively written into... all indications that 5600-5700 may be the range for expiry... need to watch 5700PE which holds the key to this whole mystery.. any unwinding there and all bets are off on the downside... for now 200DMA acting as strong support

5600/5700 PE still holding on at 80L odd OI.. 5700CE getting massively written into... all indications that 5600-5700 may be the range for expiry... need to watch 5700PE which holds the key to this whole mystery.. any unwinding there and all bets are off on the downside... for now 200DMA acting as strong support
200DMA - Is it simple moving average or something else?

As per experts what is the best time frame ( of charts) to use for taking Nifty Options - Buy side positional calls, lasting upto 2-5 days.?

Status
Not open for further replies.