Nifty Key levels for day traders

Status
Not open for further replies.

findvikas

RIL's suggesting me that we might have a gap down its struggling with 1000 mark and some critical data of US shows that it may start the sell off tonight... I will not carry any longs overnite... only hedged short of nifty with april long...

findvikas

To validate the potential selloff in US, it helps the situation to have the VIX double bottom exactly on the 50MA, so we may see tonight and Friday’s action. Option pain for SPY is right at 110, so a tight range is also possible through the end of the week.

We’ll see what action we get based on tonight's PPI and Jobless data.

(date/time is in EST)

Thursday, February 18, 2010
Economic
07:00 Canada Jan CPI
08:30 Jan PPI (last m/m 0.2%, y/y 4.4%, ex food & energy last m/m 0.0%, y/y 0.9%), Initial Jobless Claims (last 440K), Continuing Claims (last 4.538M)
10:00 Jan Leading Indicators (last 1.1%), Feb Philadelphia Fed (last 15.2)
10:30 Natural Gas Inventories
11:00 DoE Crude Oil/Gasoline/Distillate Inventories, US Treasury note announcements
Events
18:00 Fed's Duke to speak. 19:00 Fed's Lockhart to speak on US outlook. 20:30 Fed's Bullard to speak on the US economy. Trades Ex-dividend: AIZ $0.15.

linkon7

starting or ending point? symmetry is better if you have it.. but not always you need the perfection in it.. previous trend and stopping tick volume suggest that point 5 is being made
Point 5 is where we are supposed to start and work to point 1....

if we start with point 2,3,4 and then fix 1 & 5, the WW is will be just adjusted to fit in... or am i missing something...?

findvikas

I basically start from point 4... and always keep 5min, 15min & 60min chart active in front of me and trying to jot the points as they make and keep tracking as they move further... whenever I see it making a point 5 thats when I enter... the larger frame chart saves me from entering a wrong wave... but still at times we get stops. :(

linkon7

Very choppy day today...both sides SL got hit... LOD broke, HOD broke, total chaos...

good day to avoid trading...!

Status
Not open for further replies.