NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can place 6 points below/above SL order, if you are not all the time against screen. better way is - look for both. i.e. 5-6 points above/below or 2-3 minutes above/below which ever occur first change your position.
thanks for the reply vinod ji, i interpret this as 1. put SL to protect against market crash. 2.when near the SL judge the market direction and take position

Vinodji,

Now that the July Contract is expiring how do we carry over our position to the August month? Do we take position on the August futures on the 1st at CMP?

Thanks
Day

nadodav

Vinodji,

Now that the July Contract is expiring how do we carry over our position to the August month? Do we take position on the August futures on the 1st at CMP?

Thanks
Day
we cover existing july position & initiate new position for august, both at the same time on last day of expiry i.e. last thursday of the calander month.

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For July 30,

Current position : SHORT (at 4331 on 25/07/2008)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4198.90

Profit/Loss in current trade : +132.10 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +2248.10 (2116.00+132.10)

Support : 4179
Resistance : 4310

Hold SHORT position with SL 4310. If trades above 4310, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 4179.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

NIFTY FUTURE For July 30,

Current position : SHORT (at 4331 on 25/07/2008)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4198.90

Profit/Loss in current trade : +132.10 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +2248.10 (2116.00+132.10)

Support : 4179
Resistance : 4310

Hold SHORT position with SL 4310. If trades above 4310, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 4179.

Happy Trading.

Vinod
HI Vinod,

A small query.. how do u write these levels.. do u have any amibroker AFL to generATE these levels..

Vinod
I hav a question. Assume tomorrow if nf crosses 4310, we go long. It means effectively, we lost quite a gain as we r shrt from 4331. In other words, our effective gain will be 21 pt in lieu of 133 if we had closed position today. So can you look at your system so that we may have a intermediate stop loss so that we pocket quite a bit of gain and probably change our position later. But the downside is that we will not be in trade always. BTW I follow your system and have benefitted. Thanks a lot.
Anjan

Vinod
I hav a question. Assume tomorrow if nf crosses 4310, we go long. It means effectively, we lost quite a gain as we r shrt from 4331. In other words, our effective gain will be 21 pt in lieu of 133 if we had closed position today. So can you look at your system so that we may have a intermediate stop loss so that we pocket quite a bit of gain and probably change our position later. But the downside is that we will not be in trade always. BTW I follow your system and have benefitted. Thanks a lot.
Anjan
Hi Vinodji,

I would also like some guidance for what anjanr has asked.

Awaiting your response,

Thanks & Regards,
Optionstrader

praveen taneja

Vinod
Anjan
very good question god bless u

Status
Not open for further replies.