Nifty 8DMA plus minus trading stratagy

rh6996

You would be crucified with both the strategies if you use them during range bound months.

Moving average strategies tend to whip you apart.

Having said that if you are making money and backtested and I am not going to dicourage you at all, all tactics dont work for all...

Whips would kill, just eyeball historical charts.

Is there any way to avoid multiple whips?
S Saheb ji, Could not find a multiple whip period in last 2 years chart. A request: If you find time Sahebji, please eyeball and point out some really dicey period that gave multiple whips ! Mainly we should be concerned if the overall result in a Month is negative! Whats your take Sahebji!

rh6996

If you exit your trade within first 3 minutes, consider that to be correct exit.

In the above example, you exited exactly at 5300 which is SAR and where you are supposed to go long as per opening. Immediately go long as well. In case you miss long at 5300 you go long at whatever price it is available. Say you went to long at 5308 (because of fast movement) now the SAR for long remains at 5270 but not at 5300. When the price moves in favour and reaches 5330 you move your SAR to 5300.

In case you went long at 5292 (because the price touched long SAR at 5300), the SAR for long remains at 5270.

Hope it clarifies.
Thanks for your patience and time to reply my queries ! :thumb:
Sorry but something remains unclear still...:eek:
Do you consider 5300 as SAR because our previous SAR was 5270 and 5300 is 30 points above it, i.e. NEXT SAR level !

Our SAR at 5270, mkt closes at 5260
Mkt Opens at 5710 ! We exit on open as it is above our SAR ! Whatever price we get we exit say at 5722 ! Do we also go long here at 5722? What would be our SAR and SL? Our previous SAR was 5270 so we continue to have a 30 point step with that level i.e. 5300, 5330, 5360 etc. So on entry at 5322, we keep 5270 as SAR till 5330 is crossed ! ???

So different trades would have different levels of entry exit but SAR would remain almost same. In a way we get all the SAR levels at the very first entry of the month!
If we draw parallel lines at 30 point interval on a chart we can at a glance understand the approx moves by this strategy!

suri112000

Thanks for your patience and time to reply my queries ! :thumb:
Sorry but something remains unclear still...:eek:
Do you consider 5300 as SAR because our previous SAR was 5270 and 5300 is 30 points above it, i.e. NEXT SAR level !

Our SAR at 5270, mkt closes at 5260
Mkt Opens at 5710 ! We exit on open as it is above our SAR ! Whatever price we get we exit say at 5722 ! Do we also go long here at 5722? What would be our SAR and SL? Our previous SAR was 5270 so we continue to have a 30 point step with that level i.e. 5300, 5330, 5360 etc. So on entry at 5322, we keep 5270 as SAR till 5330 is crossed ! ???

So different trades would have different levels of entry exit but SAR would remain almost same. In a way we get all the SAR levels at the very first entry of the month!
If we draw parallel lines at 30 point interval on a chart we can at a glance understand the approx moves by this strategy!
yes. SAR is to be calculated based on first entry of the month. This goes on for entire month. When calendar month changes, the SAR does.

Support level was given 8066. Days low made 8064.80,, it did not sustain even a half minute. Hence trade not active.

Short only if Nifty spot breaks 8066 and sustain for 1-2 min

NOTE PLZ: If someone is trading seeing Future charts 8Dma. it is not recommended. strictly fallow SPOT LEVELS

Dear Mr.sspagro,:clapping:
Thanks for your reply and your simple and neat strategy.Any specific reason for 27 points?
Keep watch if we enter trade. 27 pts always prove

Last edited:
Dear SSPagro,

Today When market gapped down 8093 Spot I presummed it will break the 8 ema support and I sorted the nifty(Fut). but alas nifty not went below 8066 but as per your writing I kept SL 8093 for cover and long. After breaoutt my long order filled and I made handsome profit. Thanks for your strategy. And I learned that always respect levels.

Thanks and rgards.

Dear SSPagro,

Today When market gapped down 8093 Spot I presummed it will break the 8 ema support and I sorted the nifty(Fut). but alas nifty not went below 8066 but as per your writing I kept SL 8093 for cover and long. After breaoutt my long order filled and I made handsome profit. Thanks for your strategy. And I learned that always respect levels.

Thanks and rgards.
CONGRATS BRO!!!! Infact i was long at Support zone when it did not managed to break 8066 convincingly... KEEP TRADING. STRATAGY IS EASY AND PROVEN.

rh6996

This was what the Option trading senior wrote !
July was excellent, Aug gave initial whips and then did good in later half!
Sep one short trade on 11th whipped, should have taken short on 15th but avoided as it was a big gap down ! Sep series Holding 8 lots of 8100 CE bought 10 lots at 57 on 18th Sep. Exited 2 lots same day at 69 ! Have done a high of 86 after entry !
This what he said today:
Today though market rose but 8100CE could not cross the high of Friday ! Held on to the 8 lots bought at 59! Average cost of these lots is 56.50 as 2 lots were sold at 69 !