NF Swing Trading using Fractal AFL

oldtrader

A word of caution to all my friends, who are thinking of start trading using the Fractal AFL or any other AFL posted here.

Please , I repeat, Please do not trade using Futures from the first trade. Trade with options in the beginning and once you get reasonable profits, you can move over to Futures. Enter every trade with the knowledge that you may lose this time, then only you will survive. Assuming that since you have entered the trade it will be a winner , is gross negligence.

hmp

Dear oldtraderji
Could you pl. find out parameters for trading Crude & Zink ? Or rather this system is not at all suitable to trade commodites? If yes, then which afl is suitable for this?
Thanks & regards

oldtrader

Dear oldtraderji
Could you pl. find out parameters for trading Crude & Zink ? Or rather this system is not at all suitable to trade commodites? If yes, then which afl is suitable for this?
Thanks & regards
Parameters 0.0005 and 0.004, on 5 min TF, in Crude, on a sample data from March to August 2015, gave 1393 points in 69 trades.

Parameters 0.0965 and 0.002 , on 5 min TF , in Zinc, on a sample data from March to August 2015, gave 58.65 points in 62 trades.

The sample data was very small. If you have a bigger data , then cross check with the above parameters.

suri112000

A word of caution to all my friends, who are thinking of start trading using the Fractal AFL or any other AFL posted here.

Please , I repeat, Please do not trade using Futures from the first trade. Trade with options in the beginning and once you get reasonable profits, you can move over to Futures. Enter every trade with the knowledge that you may lose this time, then only you will survive. Assuming that since you have entered the trade it will be a winner , is gross negligence.
A very valid point. Mentally preparing for a loosing trade will not let your gambling instinct come into play.

In trading, you donot have control over the outcome. Yet we can control two things. One is adhering to stop loss. Second is waiting patiently until target is hit.

In my personal experience, whenever stop loss is hit, i used to stamp on the ground with bitterness. It is a guess what would have been my trading results thereafter. Its repeated again and again until I found a way out.

When I put on a trade, I invite the price to hit my stop loss. Instead of negative emotions spurting up, i manipulate consciously a positive emotion to spring up as the price moves to hit my stop loss as i am mentally prepared to give up that amount. I am always prepared for 10 stop losses in a row and the spells of such losses spread into atleast 3 swings. When stop loss is hit finally I jump with joy. I have a reason for this ..... the price obeyed my wish to hit stop loss at the least. :D This process is repeated for several trades until i have become comfortable with stop loss hits. The movement I started guarding against bad trades with stop losses, the other side is opened up ie profits.

This is called rewiring your brain to act in tune with trading.