NF Swing Trading using Fractal AFL

oldtrader

I do only Intraday and always scared with Swing as once I burnt my hands very badly.
This system looking awesome and worth trading with 1 lot option for a Swing Beginner.

But,I missed the initial entry @ XX94.95.There should be something to re-enter inbetween like some additional fractal.So that people like me can mix intra+swing.
ST dada covers his swing and enter next day..something like that,I was expecting.

Being a Scalper,even I traded this method,I'd have covered my short at 7780.
The Gap between current price and TSL is more than 120 points now. If you want to enter a fresh trade, atleast wait till the gap narrows down near to 50 points.

oldtrader

pl guide me to upload image frm amibroker

1..Save the image to be uploaded , on your desktop.

2..Go to imgur.com, Select ///Upload images////, Click ////Browse your computer///, Select the file saved on the desktop, Click ///Start Upload////, On the right side you will get options like these

Select ///Direct Link////

3..Go to Traderji, Select this button

Press //////Ctrl V////

Hi

Since you guys are into testing systems and optimization etc, using SAR type of systems . . .

Using a stop Loss will reduce the profitability as it cuts the space provided by the original SAR system's design.
Where as using trailing stops interfere with the logic of the SAR systems.

But using Profit Stops with you SAR systems seems to be helpful, once you book, you have to stay out / SoH up until the reversal is triggered.

But the profit booking should be a rare case and far out once in a while event, i.e. rather than guessing you can have a pre-defined profit stops

try this code for range
Code:
//PROFITSTOP
Profit = Optimize("Profit", 500,0,1250,50);
PS = IIf(Buy OR Short,Null,IIf(Flip(Buy,Sell),ValueWhen(Buy,Close)+Profit,ValueWhen(Short,Close)-Profit));
Plot(PS,"",colorLightGrey,styleNoRescale|styleDashed|styleStaircase);
ApplyStop(stopTypeProfit,stopModePoint,Profit);
A word about optimization, never try to look for maximum profits, instead aim for robustness of the parameters,
besides many more things try keeping the degree of freedom to minimum possible variables.

Thanks

Happy :)

oldtrader

Hi

Since you guys are into testing systems and optimization etc, using SAR type of systems . . .

Using a stop Loss will reduce the profitability as it cuts the space provided by the original SAR system's design.
Where as using trailing stops interfere with the logic of the SAR systems.

But using Profit Stops with you SAR systems seems to be helpful, once you book, you have to stay out / SoH up until the reversal is triggered.

But the profit booking should be a rare case and far out once in a while event, i.e. rather than guessing you can have a pre-defined profit stops

try this code for range
Code:
//PROFITSTOP
Profit = Optimize("Profit", 500,0,1250,50);
PS = IIf(Buy OR Short,Null,IIf(Flip(Buy,Sell),ValueWhen(Buy,Close)+Profit,ValueWhen(Short,Close)-Profit));
Plot(PS,"",colorLightGrey,styleNoRescale|styleDashed|styleStaircase);
ApplyStop(stopTypeProfit,stopModePoint,Profit);
A word about optimization, never try to look for maximum profits, instead aim for robustness of the parameters,
besides many more things try keeping the degree of freedom to minimum possible variables.

Thanks

Happy :)

Hi Happy Singh,

Thanks for the code. I have started the optimization process with the code added. The system is going to take around 4 hours for the same. Can you help us in selecting the best parameters from the optimization file, if I post the same here.