NF SAR 2DHL; SL to BE >2%

trader.trends

Now Stops to BE ? :thumb:
System is short from 5232. I had exited at 4865 due to no trading days for a couple of days.We can get back whenever we want. Within that you get to short again at your convenience if the long is not triggered. Today the failure of the long trigger opened up the opportunity to short at much higher than 4865.

bandlab2

tt, how about 'add' ? i think we should add atleast 1/2 of initial lot whenever we are in good profit and trend is in our favour. in this case, short at 5232 and may be we can do a add at 5000.

trader.trends

tt, how about 'add' ? i think we should add atleast 1/2 of initial lot whenever we are in good profit and trend is in our favour. in this case, short at 5232 and may be we can do a add at 5000.
Bandlab

This time we have had a straight fall from 5232 to 4818 without triggering the 2DH since 19 Jan. Even in the past it has been like this one large profits with few minor profits/loss thrown in between. You never know when the large payout is coming. When I looked at the past, we can scale in when the 2DH/L breaks the second/third time. That is the 2DL broke at 5232 on 19 Jan. The best opp is to scale in at 5212 and 5195 on 20th Jan and 21 Jan when again the 2DL broke. Subsequent scaling in might not result in profits always. You also have to look at how far your SAR is before scaling in. All that would make it a little complex. I am not so sure if I want to do it personally. It will also mean you have to monitor the trade through the day.

I prefer systems with less presence in front of the screen. Trading is safer that way. No monkey with keyboard itch.:):)

trader.trends

because thish system you guys surely miss the big move as you guys take profit at 30 % and rever you position.
sumit
Please read the system again. The system is meant to cream a big move and not take profit at 30%. We have shorted at 5232 and are still holding it with SAR for the day at 4937

Last edited:

bandlab2

Bandlab

This time we have had a straight fall from 5232 to 4818 without triggering the 2DH since 19 Jan. Even in the past it has been like this one large profits with few minor profits/loss thrown in between. You never know when the large payout is coming. When I looked at the past, we can scale in when the 2DH/L breaks the second/third time. That is the 2DL broke at 5232 on 19 Jan. The best opp is to scale in at 5212 and 5195 on 20th Jan and 21 Jan when again the 2DL broke. Subsequent scaling in might not result in profits always. You also have to look at how far your SAR is before scaling in. All that would make it a little complex. I am not so sure if I want to do it personally. It will also mean you have to monitor the trade through the day.

I prefer systems with less presence in front of the screen. Trading is safer that way. No monkey with keyboard itch.:):)
i agree we need a simple system. but end of the day the motive is to make money. i think doing a add at 2nd or 3rd break wouldnt make it complex. all u need is to place a limit order in the morning, thats all !!!

but still we dont know how the adds would make the overall profitability unless its backtested. for that reason we can keep this outside the scope but i will keep an eye on this aspect in forward testing

btw, SAR hit as i type. now long at 4924 with SAR at 4807

trader.trends

btw, SAR hit as i type. now long at 4924 with SAR at 4807
Long at 4940. Yesterday's high on NF is 4939.60. IF long is trig, SAR is 4807 which is more than 2% away. Use your discretion. Be Bullish only above 5075. Until then caution. Rally can fizzle out at 5K levels. No assumptions.

Last edited: