New to indian markets, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradedatrend

those complaining about 1 tick / rs. 3.75 being too low considering the margin requirement seems the close relatives of warren buffet or rakesh jhunjhunwala :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yes NSE ****, So after all research with you guys and talk with Zerodha. (Personal choice) It's just useless to trade Indian markets. I just can't deposit 70k to earn RS.15 per tick.
I asked them how much deposit do i need to earn RS.350 per tick, BOOM it's 44Lac lol(they kidding me?:lol:). It's better i tell my US friend to open a account for me and trade Mini-Dow. Indian laws are so **** for trading purposes.
I thought if we have dow jones in india then i should give it a try it should be same. But the margin requirement and tick value are so different from US and useless.
Thanks buddy you helped me allot. Appreciate it.:clap:
This is by design.

1. They don't want poor people to trade.
2. Being india, we get third world services for first world prices.

if you can trade in US markets and have the money and flexibility. sure go ahead.

if you have no other way, Indian markets is all you got.

you can complain all you want on forums, shout on the roads. Nothing will change. So conserve you energy and put in trading. may be you might make some money :thumb:

those complaining about 1 tick / rs. 3.75 being too low considering the margin requirement seems the close relatives of warren buffet or rakesh jhunjhunwala :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
We are here to make a living from trading. We need to invest where we get higher returns without risking too much. Look US Mini Dow futures $5 per tick and day margin is $500. Yeah this is where i should trade. I have worked hard 4 years not to earn just RS.4-5 per tick. It's better to be a close relative of warren buffet than this Indian **** government and their laws:rofl:. Be Smart choose wisely.:clap::thumb:

This is by design.

1. They don't want poor people to trade.
2. Being india, we get third world services for first world prices.

if you can trade in US markets and have the money and flexibility. sure go ahead.

if you have no other way, Indian markets is all you got.

you can complain all you want on forums, shout on the roads. Nothing will change. So conserve you energy and put in trading. may be you might make some money :thumb:
Agree to both points buddy. Yes thanks for the advice, it's better i focus on trading and save my energy. You are such a humble guy mate.. Like the way you give advice and information. Cheers:thumb::)

vijkris

Learner and Follower
how much is tick value for mini dow?
margin requirement per lot ?
how much minimum money is required to open day trading account in US?
and also how much brokerage for buy+sell.
in ticks..
i.e ticks required for breakeven.

Just want to compare it with nifty.

how much is tick value for mini dow?
margin requirement per lot ?
how much minimum money is required to open day trading account in US?
You can start to trade mini dow with minimum $1k as day margin is $500.
You can trade 1 lot on $1k account. Per tick value is $5 for 1 lot(eg.2 lots $10). make 30 ticks everyday and you make a living from that buddy.
But as it's illegal to trade from India. So think before you start. Do it legal way.
Only start with $1k if you are experienced and consistently profitable.
Or start with $2k or $2.5k and trade 1 lot.:thumb:

and also how much brokerage for buy+sell.
in ticks..
i.e ticks required for breakeven.

Just want to compare it with nifty.
I don't understand your brokerage question.
But you can go BreakEven +1, even if price moves to 2 ticks in your favour.
And don't even compare US futures with Nifty lol. US futures is way too better(Personal choice)

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I don't understand your brokerage question.
But you can go BreakEven +1, even if price moves to 2 ticks in your favour.
And don't even compare US futures with Nifty lol. US futures is way too better(Personal choice)
for nf minimum brokerage+ taxes comes around to 40 ticks (2 nf points).

I suppose u cant compare 1 tick of nf with 1 tick of mini dow as there is vast difference in value of rupees vs dollars.

even lotsize is quite different. emini dow = 5$*17000 = 85000$ = rs 55,25,000

that's 10 times of nf. !!!:lol:

for nf minimum brokerage+ taxes comes around to 40 ticks (2 nf points).

I suppose u cant compare 1 tick of nf with 1 tick of mini dow as there is vast difference in value of rupees vs dollars.

even lotsize is quite different. emini dow = 5$*17000 = 85000$ = rs 55,25,000

that's 10 times of nf. !!!:lol:
And best part is no spread you just pay your round trip on trades. Platform is free.
I think so trading e minis in US you can save allot in tax. there's some rule i don't know.
Let's say we trade 1 lot and make 30 ticks everyday. we make $1500 in 2 weeks. then go 2 lots and we make $3k next 2 weeks. So in 1 month we make $4500 profit. Just 30 ticks too easy ey. My US friend trades on more than 10 lots and he makes more than 50 ticks. He's killing it. He's doing this since last 6 years. Best trader ever seen in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.