My intraday trades in nifty options

boarders

boarders bhai,

Have you tried Nifty future,

if yes, how you compare your trade with nifty options.

day trading --- nifty future vs nifty options.

with cheers,
narayan.

i used to trade futures before I started this style of trading with options. with nifty futures , the cost per lot both leg together is about 2.5 points while with options is about 0.66. also with options, the premium change is many many times more than futures, leading to much more profits and of course, much more loss. my observation had been that futures have more stable price movements, comparatively much lesser loss, and many days when options made net loss, futures could have made profit if fixed target of 10 to 15 points are taken per trade, or if doing 2 lots per trade, then 1 lot exit with 10-15 points fixed target with 10 points sl and remaining 1 lot to trail.

my wife is planning to trade futures from next month with this style with 1 lot per trade and i will give feedback here as to the result.

for me I want to stick to options due to the above reasons and want to master the present style of trading I am following. My method of trading makes loss in ranged markets like yesterday and day before, but using that same style in futures would have ended in profit and lesser number of trades.