My Day Trading Dairy.

imfine

Some times you take very wide ORB which IMO is bit risky.
Yes its very wide but the trade was as per my rule. In past my wide ranges met the target.
(I had mentioned it before like of jublifood, tatasteel, icicibank.)
I can sqaure off it early but i let the zerodha do it for me and i accept the loss.

Yes its very wide but the trade was as per my rule. In past my wide ranges met the target.
I can sqaure off it early but i let the zerodha do it for me and i accept the loss.
When zerodha does it for you, you also pay call-n-trade charges, right ? (for auto-square off)

jagankris

Today you took three trades but I guess your position sizing is 200 equally in all 3 trades but trading size is not based on risk.Is that acceptable for you ?

imfine

Today you took three trades but I guess your position sizing is 200 equally in all 3 trades but trading size is not based on risk.Is that acceptable for you ?
Actually I had started with 5k and almost in every day trade i was aggressive in putting trade. I keep the rules standard in respect of qty, target and SL. During these 17 days my SL hit for 3 times and few times neither my SL hit nor the target so i have to close position in between and most of the time the trade hits the target.

You highlighted a valid point on which i'll tweak the QTY where range will be high perhaps half the standard qty.

Do you have any suggestion on this ?

Actually I had started with 5k and almost in every day trade i was aggressive in putting trade. I keep the rules standard in respect of qty, target and SL. During these 17 days my SL hit for 3 times and few times neither my SL hit nor the target so i have to close position in between and most of the time the trade hits the target.

You highlighted a valid point on which i'll tweak the QTY where range will be high perhaps half the standard qty.

Alternatively, you could tweak the SL and target. Maybe SL as a factor of ATR (0.5 x ATR etc.)

1522773613466.png

jagankris

Define Max risk per day.Say not risk more than 10% of total capital per day.
Define Max risk per Trade.Not risk more than 3% of total capital per trade.
Based on your risk rules decide the QTY than having standard QTY trade size.