LIVE Trading on this thread

ryan4ucar

why 670(because its swing high) ?
I agree with the reasoning of not getting the price we 'want' when strength is there. But it is an important zone and i would be watching price action there for possible failed break or BPB. Your observation would help in getting the bigger picture and place targets in a better way as there is strength change now.

Regards
Its not like 650 is not important its the most important if it come there early morning i might trade it with huge size , wht u have to understand is its a fno stock and lots of shorts exist in the system , their pain is the long players gain so early morning there should be buying as these shorts will be nervous from more pain , hence the low volume , if it was real buying it would have blasted with high volume , thats y u have to adjust plan to 670 , i dont like to call them swing high or lows just pivot points at which stock can treand cleanly either side so trading here should be considered

ryan4ucar

but there was good volume on mornings upmove and stayed above yesterdays high for quite some time, were you not looking for longs before 1030 ?
before 1030 did you see any clues of this being a day like DLF yesterday ?

Regards
I would have considerded a long if the retacement was very less like a perfect bull flag see lupin today, and it had broken to the upside for new highs ... if you get a big retracements and yesterday there was a big move then i don like that setup. Thats y i said yesterdays bull flag in hinduni was much better that going long today after the 1st up move.

so at 10.30 once it held below that 700 it seemed good to me although i would not have traded with a big size as probability is low.

Vertigo_1985

I would have considerded a long if the retacement was very less like a perfect bull flag see lupin today, and it had broken to the upside for new highs ... if you get a big retracements and yesterday there was a big move then i don like that setup. Thats y i said yesterdays bull flag in hinduni was much better that going long today after the 1st up move.

so at 10.30 once it held below that 700 it seemed good to me although i would not have traded with a big size as probability is low.
checked lupin..yeah it has much better upstrength before 1000 hr as compared to hul.
So i would sum it as following :-
Day after a big move day if it shows weakness after breaking yesterday high/low in the trend direction (either by projection, depth, volume or some other reason) its most probably going to move back to previous days range.
Please correct or add if i missed something.

Regards

ryan4ucar

checked lupin..yeah it has much better upstrength before 1000 hr as compared to hul.
So i would sum it as following :-
Day after a big move day if it shows weakness after breaking yesterday high/low in the trend direction (either by projection, depth, volume or some other reason) its most probably going to move back to previous days range.
Please correct or add if i missed something.

Regards
See its not exacly a science and you cant use maths thats y fundaments are important to assist you... by fudamnetals i dont mean company books ... i mean the catalyst for the move... basically psychology.
while the hindunilvr move was basically shorts covering today after abig move yesterday , if you see dabur it had more or less the same volume yesterday but here this is a strong stock which has been performing all year round and fmcg cos allround are doing good well and it wasnt having a deep pull back after 1st upmove instead it was basing .

All this things help you in making a decision more the factors helping you more the size you go with .

Again it will come only with experience. you have to be a bit of an artist.

Ameet148

Now LIVE!
8:19-Scrips I'll watch today DABUR RELINFRA UNIONBANK.
8:19-Going to watch zee business from 8:30.
9:21-Keeping an eye on IDEA, wanna sell my holdings from delivery.

Last edited:

ryan4ucar

Now LIVE!
8:19-Scrips I'll watch today DABUR RELINFRA UNIONBANK.
8:19-Going to watch zee business from 8:30.
9:21-Keeping an eye on IDEA, wanna sell my holdings from delivery.