Live Intraday Trading By Professional traders

Vertigo_1985

vertigo if you had all your size from 337 you could have added 333.5 now calculate the profit ratio when it reaches 325 with this double size v/s your actual profit
337 was original entry, then below 335 confirmation point for more downside, as u said around 333.5 could have added...adding to winning positions at above points would make a lot of difference in profit.

Actually i haven't given a thought to this, till now have been focusing only on setups, market structure, entry. Exits have been fixed till now. My entry direction and price action reading ability is getting better so i think i may be able to work on exits in sometime.

ryan4ucar

337 was original entry, then below 335 confirmation point for more downside, as u said around 333.5 could have added...adding to winning positions at above points would make a lot of difference in profit.

Actually i haven't given a thought to this, till now have been focusing only on setups, market structure, entry. Exits have been fixed till now. My entry direction and price action reading ability is getting better so i think i may be able to work on exits in sometime.
1 good trade if played well is enough to forgive all your small mistakes the entire day i am sure the profit ratio will tell you that

Vertigo_1985

ryan4ucar

Lance Beggs has written nice article on importance of exit strategy ..
http://www.yourtradingcoach.com/Articles-Risk-Management/The-Importance-of-Exit-Strategy-1.html

By Lance himself " It is my belief that your success in trading has more to do with how you exit your trades, than it does with your entry. "

proper trade management will be the next skill to develop, have planned to include it in trade review and overtime incorporate it in live trading..
dont know about him but he indeed does speak the truth :)

Vertigo_1985

1 good trade if played well is enough to forgive all your small mistakes the entire day i am sure the profit ratio will tell you that
there can't be better example than Jet today..
Entry today - 337.3 , Exit - 332.7. Profit - 4.6 .

Exit if on gap fill - 327.45, profit - about 9 .

Exit based on price action alone - 320.15 , Profit - 17.

These are based on without adding to winning position at important levels such as 335, 330.
Definitely true that 1 good trade if played well enough can forgive all our mistakes the entire day.