Live Intraday Trading By Professional traders

ryan4ucar

before session my expectation about jet was that 340, 335 or 330 would result in big orderflow in down as longs would liquidate, but 340 broke, no strong move down..335 broke, no strong move down..330 broke and still no big move down. Didn't happen at all according to my expectation.

Maybe as this was news based move most of the money was taken out by smart
traders on the higher side after news. Slow grinding action down is suggesting shorter term players pushing it down.
its a bit of flawed thinking , everyday every thing wont crash just because last few days were the same , if you want to become price action trader follow price action , i touht there was good risk reward at 335 so i got long , if you can keep patience in a stock for new lows , try adding 332 was a place to add ... now its below 330 can get to 300 easily ... slow grinding down means pleople are selling , it should not matter who is selling someone is selling

Vertigo_1985

its a bit of flawed thinking , everyday every thing wont crash just because last few days were the same , if you want to become price action trader follow price action , i touht there was good risk reward at 335 so i got long , if you can keep patience in a stock for new lows , try adding 332 was a place to add ... now its below 330 can get to 300 easily ... slow grinding down means pleople are selling , it should not matter who is selling someone is selling
traded based on what i saw..shorted it multiple times ...it's just that i am thinking about what happened..what were the levels bigger traders were looking at..when they most probably got out..just doing some thinking after trading :)

ryan4ucar

traded based on what i saw..shorted it multiple times ...it's just that i am thinking about what happened..what were the levels bigger traders were looking at..when they most probably got out..just doing some thinking after trading :)
one of the biggest problems in trading is overthinking , the pressure of preserving profits becomes so great that you will try and find every reason to get out and ignore reasons to keep or add , its called confirmation bias , read a bit about psychology heps a lot in trading

Vertigo_1985

one of the biggest problems in trading is overthinking , the pressure of preserving profits becomes so great that you will try and find every reason to get out and ignore reasons to keep or add , its called confirmation bias , read a bit about psychology heps a lot in trading
yeah...that's what i was talking about..before session i had expectation of the day and even after seeing that reality was different my mind still had a lot of importance for my expectation. In this case i traded somewhat better but other times it can totally make me blind of the opportunities or as you said take profits earlier.