Inspired by Raynor's thread of 200 points pa in Nifty

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Not updating this thread as total focus is on Crude Mini now ! :)
hi,
You are member of TJ since 9 yrs. !!!
thats awesome . :thumb: :rofl:

so if possible can u pls share your trading journey ?
sample Questions-
are u full time or part time?
did u find a working method?
how much amount did u blow b4 becoming profitable?
etc. etc.

hi,

sample Questions-
etc. etc.
Nice googlee /flipper :D. let see how she/he handle this question.:D

rh6996

hi,

sample Questions-
etc. etc.
I am a Full time Investor and Part time Trader. I have been investing almost before I became an Adult! I have a really BIG portfolio. Fact is my dividend income can pay for almost 33% of my HH expenses! My dad was CSE member and also served as committee member. I can smilingly add that "Stocks' are in my blood.
My part time trading 'time' always varied with the pressure of household responsibility.
No, I on my own did not find a working module. Most of the time the error lay in my 'indiscipline' rather then in the trading module.
I tried a big number of mentors , a few even from TJ. The relationship never lasted more than a few months, barring the current one which is about to celebrate first a'sary this Diwali ! :D
How much did I blow before I became profitable? Well not much, maybe a few lakhs but always used the amount I earned as Capital gain while selling some 'long held' stock. I think the second part of the question is not applicable to me, frankly because I never was in 'actual' loss !
The lesson I learned the hard way during this journey was : Discipline is MOST important ingredient of any Trading module! Still striving to be disciplined a bit more every week, every month, after every trade! Seems I still have a long journey ahead to be fully disciplined.
I also understand that only with Total discipline one can AIM for the sky in stocks and not with partial or half hearted efforts at being disciplined. May seem like a boast but writing to put my point across a bit more clearly: I can afford to trade 10 Mega Lots of Crude but have been trading only 10 mini simply because of the 'half hearted' discipline I keep !
Reading the response of Nifty2830 above, with reference to your Post addressed to me makes me think that your Post was aimed at "testing' me and judging my response! I had for a moment thought of not responding but then I considered that your posts (Vijkris) are usually on the subject and not 'leg pullers' ! Treating this also accordingly and ignoring the comment by Nifty2830 I have replied as above!

rh6996

Nice googlee /flipper :D. let see how she/he handle this question.:D
Why do you think Vijkris was bowling a googlee or a flipper at me? Not aware if there is some hidden meaning in the questions he has posed to me? Not sure if I am supposed to read between the lines? Anyway ignoring your comment I have replied as above.

In case you were only trying to make a normal Vijkris "post" a googlee, I think I have hit it for "six" ! :D

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I am a Full time Investor and Part time Trader. I have been investing almost before I became an Adult! I have a really BIG portfolio. Fact is my dividend income can pay for almost 33% of my HH expenses! My dad was CSE member and also served as committee member. I can smilingly add that "Stocks' are in my blood.
My part time trading 'time' always varied with the pressure of household responsibility.
No, I on my own did not find a working module. Most of the time the error lay in my 'indiscipline' rather then in the trading module.
I tried a big number of mentors , a few even from TJ. The relationship never lasted more than a few months, barring the current one which is about to celebrate first a'sary this Diwali ! :D
How much did I blow before I became profitable? Well not much, maybe a few lakhs but always used the amount I earned as Capital gain while selling some 'long held' stock. I think the second part of the question is not applicable to me, frankly because I never was in 'actual' loss !
The lesson I learned the hard way during this journey was : Discipline is MOST important ingredient of any Trading module! Still striving to be disciplined a bit more every week, every month, after every trade! Seems I still have a long journey ahead to be fully disciplined.
I also understand that only with Total discipline one can AIM for the sky in stocks and not with partial or half hearted efforts at being disciplined. May seem like a boast but writing to put my point across a bit more clearly: I can afford to trade 10 Mega Lots of Crude but have been trading only 10 mini simply because of the 'half hearted' discipline I keep !
Reading the response of Nifty2830 above, with reference to your Post addressed to me makes me think that your Post was aimed at "testing' me and judging my response! I had for a moment thought of not responding but then I considered that your posts (Vijkris) are usually on the subject and not 'leg pullers' ! Treating this also accordingly and ignoring the comment by Nifty2830 I have replied as above!
hi, thanks for the reply.
Yes, discipline and psychology is very imp. Our discipline should be moulded according to the method. eg. if method will give only 1 or 2 trading signals then we should have the discipline and patience to wait for the signal.
In the same way if our method gives large amt of signals then we should have the discipline to take all the signals.
Since u r a good investor, whenever u find time do write more abt investing, like suri ji.
i was familiar with trading since 2001, when i was in class 9th. I even decided to jump into trading after class 12th :p, but i was forced by my dad to complete graduation. :thumb:
Regarding mentors, i think following anyone online is like a "long distance relationship". it is difficult. having the ability to see the "live screen" of the mentor may help in a better way.
i m assuming your current mentor is ITL champion Muthu. :D

In this forum if I ask ST sir abt his trading journey then its not a googlee, but if i ask u or anyone else then i don understand y it was percieved as googlee :confused: :annoyed:

I think ST sir would have also recognised that Nifty2830 is "old wine in new bottle". :D

marimuthu13

hi, thanks for the reply.
i m assuming your current mentor is ITL champion Muthu. :D

I think ST sir would have also recognised that Nifty2830 is "old wine in new bottle". :D
hoi,
i know you are kidding RH996 ..
i am nowhere near to even trader, first i should be reach avarage trader, , then good trader then excellent trader...tooooooo long way to go man..., and all excellent traders are not mentor too...

In maintaining discipline i am still in Kinder garden only..where as we have to get PHD to be mentor...:):):)

which OLD wine u r people are referring too...