Indian Brokers offering Algo Trading to Individual Traders(Reposting)

@Puneet

I have a dealer H-terminal. It is not trading in MCX due to the aforesaid bug.

Vanishing/ Reversing signals are a natural thing in trading as you know. Signals change all the time. It is not an "issue" with the afl or the API.

The important thing is how to handle this reality. AMI doesn't have the feature to deal with a V/R signal. It can't exit a trade first if the first signal has reversed and re-enter by the new signal. That is too obvious. True, as you said, the signals would no longer vanish or reverse if the bar completion option is taken. But imagine a trader at 1 hr tf. If he is to wait all the 60 minutes his profits would have come, gone, come and gone again by that time. It is too impractical. On the other hand, 1 min tf s are much more difficult to handle as bad trades are more in number and brokerage per trade higher. But don't worry, I am setting up my afl for 1 min and bar completion mode. So V/R signals should become a thing of the past for me. But all traders must not be forced to trade by 1 min and you can't avoid hitting up a solution on V/R. After all, other tf s were created not for nothing.

So again we come around to the API, as you seemed to have appreciated a few posts up, and it need not be too costly to provide one to the customer unless I am the only customer :) Why, there are APIs in the market dealing with V/R signals at a cost of Rs. 1400/- pm and above. If you can't beat them why don't you join them?

Sandipji... Ur MCX should work in a few days for sure....with regards to the vanishing signals... As u see this is an afl issue... API is not really bothered whether one signal comes and then vanishes... It is the problem which the user faces when he sees that certain orders have gone which do not have the arrow in the chart...a lot of them start blaming the API and say that the orders were fired without the signal which apparently is not true when u r not on candle close mode.... If you can live with not reconciling the signal on vizsla arrow basis.. Then I don't think so it shud be any issue.. Try it.. It will work as it is....

Sandipji... Ur MCX should work in a few days for sure....That's surely good news though I will rather keep my fingers crossed

with regards to the vanishing signals... As u see this is an afl issue... API is not really bothered whether one signal comes and then vanishes... It is the problem which the user faces when he sees that certain orders have gone which do not have the arrow in the chart...a lot of them start blaming the API and say that the orders were fired without the signal which apparently is not true when u r not on candle close mode.... Without sounding repetative and nagging, please allow me to give you my final take on this matter. There would be no stock market if the prices (and therefore signals) did not make unexpected changes in trend nearly every minute or hour. It's inevitable, Puneet Saab!!!

It is a deficiency in AMI that it would trade on a signal and do nothing if the signal has reversed. But fortunately this deficiency can be EASILY covered by an API. You just need an efficient coder. Tell me this; where is the difficulty in telling your API program to check if the signal is a buy/short/sell/cover - and then to tell it "Square off the trade if the present signal is a non-matching type (like short after buy) and take new position on the new signal? I think it is too simple a job for the API to handle.

If you can live with not reconciling the signal on vizsla arrow basis.. Then I don't think so it shud be any issue.. Try it.. It will work as it is....

Sorry Puneet Jee, but I think you have mis-understood my problem. Kindly have a re-read of my previous posts in this regard.
I am still waiting for the technical team that you promised me a week back. Second, I got no response from you on the brokerage plan that you promised me to have. Third, you didn't tell me what you thought of the feasibility of a slippage chasing algorithm after I gave my "uneducated" sample.

And now this MCX bug, about which you assured a solution in a few days. Are you sure "Days" don't mean "Weeks" for Omnesys?:D

The small traders are entitled to have assurances and the big ones the profits:lol:

Last edited:
My offer for technical team was to address issues which I thought made you reduce the frequency of orders. But since you yourself told in subsequent post that you had done it purposely not on account of performance but on account of higher frequency of trades resulting in heavy brokerage.... Or something like that..... So I haven't asked anyone......

Further I already answered ur issue on slippage chasing.... What u are suggesting is nothing but limit order modification logic. I had said earlier also that u need a algorithm where a limit order is modified by certain ticks over certain time automatically which you define. You can manage with such algo... Any multiplier based algo will not work since tick sizes are different for each and such multipliers will not send right orders or modifications...

@Puneet

I have a dealer H-terminal. It is not trading in MCX due to the aforesaid bug.

Vanishing/ Reversing signals are a natural thing in trading as you know. Signals change all the time. It is not an "issue" with the afl or the API.

The important thing is how to handle this reality. AMI doesn't have the feature to deal with a V/R signal. It can't exit a trade first if the first signal has reversed and re-enter by the new signal. That is too obvious. True, as you said, the signals would no longer vanish or reverse if the bar completion option is taken. But imagine a trader at 1 hr tf. If he is to wait all the 60 minutes his profits would have come, gone, come and gone again by that time. It is too impractical. On the other hand, 1 min tf s are much more difficult to handle as bad trades are more in number and brokerage per trade higher. But don't worry, I am setting up my afl for 1 min and bar completion mode. So V/R signals should become a thing of the past for me. But all traders must not be forced to trade by 1 min and you can't avoid hitting up a solution on V/R. After all, other tf s were created not for nothing.

So again we come around to the API, as you seemed to have appreciated a few posts up, and it need not be too costly to provide one to the customer unless I am the only customer :) Why, there are APIs in the market dealing with V/R signals at a cost of Rs. 1400/- pm and above. If you can't beat them why don't you join them?
Can you plz elaborate..
I am doing semi automatic with nest plus.. but order delete/ order modify functions dont work with N+..
Looking for another vendor..
Can you plz suggest..

Purusharth, order delete is not allowed as once order number is generated .. U cannot delete it. You can modify it only. Modification would mean change the price of order or cancel it... The same can be done but not very easy. For this we need to do a bit of programming. If you can send me a basic example as to when do you want to modify order and how do you want it to behave then I can perhaps figure out a solution..cheers

With regard to brokerage plan... I had asked you for ideas... I haven't heard any feedback from you... Please look at the post of 16th. Feb, 11:58

Ur MCX issue will be solved soon if not solved till now... U need to be patient...The brokers have unlimited patience because they earn bothway,,,,,and the broker's officials couldn't care less- they get their pay cheques at month-end irrespective of how much the traders bleed. That's a cheerful situation for you all, indeed:annoyed:cheers
Purely as a joke....I read it somewhere in TJ and may I quote it without a semblance of aspersion on any profession!

"One day it was so cold that a broker was standing by the roadside with his hands in his own pocket"

Sandeep..... That post on 16th February is too open ended and not really an idea.. Us can be more thoughtful and fill in the details... A fixed monthly can be 2 lakhs per. Onto unlimited trading as well...

With regards to your comment on brokers and their earnings... I request you to be show restraint.. Such comments are not in good taste and really uncalled for...rgds

@Puneet Ji

If you are so sensitive about jokes you should call up the moderator to remove the original one in TJ. You also should refrain from sermonising on "patience". You are showing a crow mentality- you want to poke but cry foul if someone does it to you. This is a site for the mature persons. You should think twice before commenting that someone is without taste.