Indian Brokers offering Algo Trading to clients

Hi,

I have created my strategy, i want a technical software which can speak to me = give me the Output," BUY " SELL " signals depending on the logics i give to it, which software should i use, secondly how would than i connect those signal to the Trader Workstation which will make the whole process auto mated.

Would be highly obliged if you could guide me on the same.

Hi Algo,

Thanks for the Wonderful Share, I have a Few Queries if you can solve them, 1) I am absolutely new to algo Trading and would like to start with the basics, can you help me on where do i learn the basics from.

2) I am an Arbitrager (Manual) by profession, Can i use Algo trading in arbitrage.(ps: I work on a lease line using Odin as trading platform)

Thanks,
Harshit Patel

I have been doing fully automated trading for the last one year and have used all the vendors and three different brokers. I have accumulated a list of brokers offering Algo Trading capabilities and vendors they are associated with:
1. ShareKhan- Symphony (www.sharekhan.com)
2. Zerodha- Omnesys (http://www.zerodha.com/)
3. Mastertrust- Omnesys (http://mastertrust.co.in)
4. Phillip Capital- Symphony (http://www.phillipcapital.in/)
5. Destimoney Securities - Symphony (www.destimoney.com)
6. Composite Edge - Symphony (www.compositedge.com)
7. GRD Securities - Symphony (www.grdgroupz.com)
8. Sykes & Ray Equities- Symphony (www.sre.co.in)

All the brokers are having their own target market and both the vedors have their own capabilities:
1. Omnesys plugin/NEST- BENEFITS: It is a great software and beats symphony in the number of installations. It is very cheap (however if you include the total charges in a year's cycle, icluding data feed charges, hardware charges, brokerage etc. it comes near to symphony itself).

Some drawbacks include, custom strategy development will not be done by Omnesys itself but by other free lancers which reslut in lots of errors and headache. Also, Omnesys Plugin only sends the orders directly to exchange. With a trader like me who extracts maximum profits out of triggers generated from AmiBroker by custom bracket orders, trailing stop loss profit booking etc. it is not advisable because they cannot provide it.

2. Symphony- BENEFITS They have another great software presto which is customizable to the T. They seem to be winning the war of signing up with most retail brokers from omnesys and their development team develops the logic themselves. They also have complete open APIs if a trader is a programmer himself:)confused:). They can connect their algo platform with TradeStation, AmiBroker, MS Excel, MetaTrader etc with custom execution logic. Also, one thing, They can automatically send orders to multiple client accounts.
DRAWBACKS They seem to be expensive to some traders in first look, however, the custom offerings they offer and guidance given including paperwork, connection to broker, live feed from exchange via leaseline/vsat only they can do so. Another drawback is the development time they take. They take one month for developing any strategy which i believe is the biggest headache. Also, except composite edge, their other partner brokers like sharekhan or GRD has attitude issues and quite expensive.

SUMMARY:
If you are a small trader doing turnover between 2lac to 50 lac daily you should go ahead and immediately signup with Zerodha or mastertrust (You anyways will not have an execution logic to run with AmiBroker triggers)

If you a trader with turnover more than 50 lac per day and want custom Stoploss, Profit Target, trading in multiple client accounts etc., immediately sign up with symphony.

So let me know if i can claim myself to be an expert in automated trading of India. Personally i am passionate about auto trading and want to become superstar like other people in Traderji with more than 20 greenblocks or whatever that is. (Reposting in a new thread)

Algo

Hi Algo,

Thanks for the Wonderful Share, I have a Few Queries if you can solve them, 1) I am absolutely new to algo Trading and would like to start with the basics, can you help me on where do i learn the basics from.

2) I am an Arbitrager (Manual) by profession, Can i use Algo trading in arbitrage.(ps: I work on a lease line using Odin as trading platform)

Thanks,
Harshit Patel
Hi Harshit,
There has to be a difference between Algo Trading and Arbitrage:
For Algo Trading with intelligent custom logic, you may contact Symphony ( www.symphonyfintech.com )
For automated arbitrage best platform in India is Omnesys (www.omnesysindia.com)

Hope i have been of help. There are multiple other vendors but better to go with approved and established ones.

Hi Algo,

Thanks,
Harshit Patel
Hi harshit as far as i know manual arbitrage is dead since last 5 years what exactly do you do with odin and leased line ????

With omnesys may be you can earn 1 to 1.5 % per month if you are very good

If you are earning more then its probably not arbitrague but directional play

I know any thing and everything about algo arbitrague if you wants to know anything let me know will be glad to help

AS algo said omnesys is the best for the price of around 5 K if you have contacts and 7-8 K per month if you dont know any one in broking industry
PER ID and only one segment

soft_trader

Hi harshit as far as i know manual arbitrage is dead since last 5 years what exactly do you do with odin and leased line ????

I know any thing and everything about algo arbitrague if you wants to know anything let me know will be glad to help

AS algo said omnesys is the best for the price of around 5 K if you have contacts and 7-8 K per month if you dont know any one in broking industry
Really? You know everything about arbitrage? I wonder how can anyone claim that he/she knows everything about a particular topic. :confused: Even people holding Ph.D / D.litt degrees and having specialization on a particular topic can't claim that. There are no end of knowledge they say.

Take it on a friendly way. No offence intended. :)

hello akash any view about odin atlas(ft)? how it works.

bpr

Hi Algo Can u pls answer these?
With Symphony can I create my own custom strategy?
Which language their product uses ? dot Net or Java or something else.
What about datafeed? Will I be using from Broker datafeed at no extra cost?
Historical data for startegy creation given free of cost?
Are they giving some demo version so that somebody can play around create custom strategy before going live?
Also can u give a breakdown of the monthly cost.

Really? You know everything about arbitrage? I wonder how can anyone claim that he/she knows everything about a particular topic. :confused: Even people holding Ph.D / D.litt degrees and having specialization on a particular topic can't claim that. There are no end of knowledge they say.

Take it on a friendly way. No offence intended. :)
1) I dont want to argue with you u are not worth it

2) I said i know anything every thing in context of what he would like to know
not in context of PHDs from MIT

3) I have traded turnover in excess of Billion plus Usd in this market (only arbitrague)but i am there to help people who do even 10000 rs of a day trade

Now what are you your intro as far as i know is you promote achievers equity
Cheap 500 rs account god bless them , you and those who Trade there

So u basically are a brokers / broker isko hindi mein kya kehte hai think about it

Last edited:

Algo

Hi Guys,
Couple of additions to the list of brokers offering Algorithmic Trading (Although plug-ins are not technically considered as Algo Trading):
9. Religare India: They are among the most well known entries in this market. I do not know how official it is (Since no press release etc. ) but my friend has confirmed that Religare India will offer Algo Trading to its Sub-Brokers/Fund Managers.
They have collaborated with Symphony Presto (www.symphonyfintech.com). People with Religare account please confirm and add on the services provided by Religare for Presto users.
10. ShareKhan: ShareKhan is also offering GDFL (http://www.globaldatafeeds.in/) plugin apart from Presto ATS services (www.symphonyfintech.com).

Guys please add your experience for better understanding. Also, how has been your experience with both of these algo trading platforms.