Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

Rish

Investing in the market, Warren Buffett has a 25 year record of 25% rates of return for Berkshire Hathaway investors. He has helped to make many stock market investors independent millionaires, with minimal trading costs. He does NOT use Elliot wave theory, Gann theory, fibonacci numbers, or any other market "timing" tool. Why??? Because they don't work!! The top 'timers' over the last 20 years don't even come close to his 25% rate of return, especially when you subtract all of the transaction costs of market 'timers'. There is NO 'holy grail' when it comes to investing, but there IS a lot of HYPE! to try and convince you otherwise. All of these Elliot wave gurus and assorted other market timers are making money selling their 'theories' not by using them. Elliot Wave International with Steve Hochberg has the third WORST record of over 200 tracked over the last 15 years with a cumulative return of NEGATIVE -6.2%. And that's before the $228.00 per year subscription fee and transaction costs. Yikes!!! They also have a negative return over 5 AND 10 year periods. And these guys are considered the leading authority on Elliot wave analysis. They are expert 'Hypoholics' not expert timers. If there were a 'hypoholics' hall of fame, they would certainly be in it. Market timing just doesn't work. But obviously HYPING it does. Don't be fooled. Be wise. Be prosperous.
All super technical Elliot/Gann/Fibo...etc...Gurus talk big levels with disclaimer : "i am not holding any position".

No fool can predict the wave or whatever it is, where it starts and where it ends.

As you said don't be fooled, be wise, go as per present trend. Otherwise wave will kill you.

a1b1trader

Hi Daylyn

Thanks for posting the EW counts charts (thro josh).
It will really help to study and mark EW counts on a chart.

A query
what is the time frame for completion of short and long term counts (as on charts, using arrows)
I think it to be 1-2 months for short term and 12-18 months for long term.

josh1

Watch the TLs. According to Vivek Patil, wave 2 i.e. correction to the rising wave 1of 5 has not started yet since market did not close below previous day candle till date. Sounds logical to me. So we can look for lower levels and opportunity to get in when market closes below previous candle.

Rish

Ok I'm not sure if this one is directed at me, however let me clarify a few things,

1) I trade for a living, n I do not work for any co, or stock mktg agency

2) the reasons I make these post is, I've had the privilege of working for and being mentored by the greatest Elliotian alive, who inspite of everything insisted that I learn every method of ta, hence the cmt qualification,

This is my way of giving back & being gratefull to a mkt that affords me a lifestyle.:clap::clap:

3) Elliot is a pure from of market deciphering and cannot be used as a trading tool, in isolation,

4) Gann, has a time & price predictive element to it, the simplistic form is usuing the SQL of 9, however this is not enough,

5) as for fibs, they never work for the average joe, because by merely applying them at price extremes does not ratify the fact that ur probably not applying it to the current phase, of mktg activity.

6) indicators never work on indian maktgs, because they have a look back based on mathematical calculations, now what are the chances of u having lost if 1 min of data in the last 20days if ur usuing a stochastic, macd RSI MA, the fact that pre open also contributes to them going haywire.

7) yes warren buffet may have 25% returns for remaining invested over the last 50 years, (personally I'd prefer to have it quicker when I'm still young ) however compound that with the Indian rate of inflation, U know what I'm getting at. Now what I want u to compare is warrens 25% to Williams 981% & dravis 1400% in a few years, n yes dont forget our own rakesh Bhai, who incidentally trades daily for a living.

Lastly I'd b glad to assist any one with Ew,, fib.

It's is my way of giving back n saying

:clap:thank you:clapping:
My Salute to our Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, for your information, he is not trading for a living from the beginning. His story starts from Tatacoffee.....to...last now Mcdowell-n....

You can't compare Rakesh with Warren, if you compare, i would say Warren is No.1 Fool.

Doing post mortem is very simple job.

Present market, can u say as per your knowledge buy or sell.

Don't tell Long term 5th wave will touch 6400, it breaks then next wave will touch 4700.

Now as per wave, "BUY or SELL".

megapixel

no 2morrow u on mon ull c bulls have a very high chance of comming back:rofl:
Daylyn, just a request .....can you please post in proper english language . You are using mostly sms style text ...and sometimes it becomes very much inconvenient to read.

Please don't take it other way ...its just a request.

prada

Nifty Update: Although Nifty has retreated from the levels mentioned below and given 200 points profit( if one had taken the trade from my message quoted), there is still no visible signs of exhaustion. This looks more like a routine profit-taking rather than capitulation. Short sellers can start booking profits. Going into the year end, its more likely that the market will end the year on a high note. If 6000 is taken out on a closing basis, nifty is likely to top out close to the upper end of the rising channel(6100+).

Nifty Update: Nifty is entering into a high congestion zone on an euphoric mood. The next couple of weeks could be the decider in setting the tone for the market moving into 2013. 5947-5967 is an extremely critical area for Nifty. At the moment, I would be a little hesitant to think that Nifty will be able to go all way up to the end of the upper rising channel. Aggressive traders can start looking at low risk shorting opportunity 5947 on wards and conservative ones can wait for the lower channel to be breached. ' Smart Money ' are extremely smart in trapping the retail crowd and have always been known for their reputation to do so. Where ever the rally fizzles out, the ensuing reversal will be extremely sharp( like a falling knife). With USD/INR nearing important technical levels on the downside, climax for the equity rally seems to be just around the corner. I would start being a little cautious from here on.....

PraDa