How to trade with an oscillator

EagleOne

Krish, I scalped a couple of options, both PEs and CEs. When not sure, sitting quietly without trading is far better than entering and losing money. Been there, learnt the hard way.
Don't worry, this sitting quietly could be used as checking out the fascinating flow of the market.

And please, don't forget to let ST know what you observed in today's gap down market. He is a great teacher. It is time you should also be a hard-working student.

Taali ek haath se nahin bajtee! :)

Good night

ST ,Eagle one
Because of gap down today neither bought nor sold and for me no clear signals and nearly 6 hours I have to sit quietely without trading. And how u have traded today plz post.
Krish,

I took some trades in Nifty and Bank Nifty on some other method I trade...but Nifty today was in very narrow range so no good trades on oscillator.

In BNF 5 min timeframe we had a head and shoulders, a Wolfe Wave pattern and a steep fall and rejection pattern.....

Not taking a trade is also a trading decision and a very important one. We don't have to trade all the time..trade when markets are clear to you. And when markets are in sideways moves, choppy moves, stay out.But when you trade...go really for it....with all your concentration.

If one understands when not to trade , that will separate him from other traders who trade all the time and he will truely be a great trader. Understanding when not to trade is a very difficult skill to acquire....:)

Smart_trade

ST
In bank nifty my R:R not allowed me to take trade, 1) risk was more than 40 pnts and reward was only 30 pnts.
2)Entry below 10822 tmngs 2:35 pm candle and stoploss above 10865 tmngs 2:20Pm candle.
3)Wolfe waves and rejection and other methods of your entry on nifty and bank nifty might have given you early signals and I do not have much idea on wolfe waves and rejection patterns.
4)Plz tell me how you entered on nifty futures of your other methods

Last edited:
Krish, I scalped a couple of options, both PEs and CEs. When not sure, sitting quietly without trading is far better than entering and losing money. Been there, learnt the hard way.
Don't worry, this sitting quietly could be used as checking out the fascinating flow of the market.

And please, don't forget to let ST know what you observed in today's gap down market. He is a great teacher. It is time you should also be a hard-working student.

Taali ek haath se nahin bajtee! :)

Good night
Eagle one
For scalping how much you expect on CE and PE (points wise) compared to nifty futures movement and also thnks for ur support.

Last edited:

rajesh.singh

ST Da,
Please check my trade on BNF, y'day, though it was not based on oscillator & suggest the changes, i was bit confused on the point i cover my short.
Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Raghavacc

ST
In bank nifty my R:R not allowed me to take trade, 1) risk was more than 40 pnts and reward was only 30 pnts.
2)Entry below 10822 tmngs 2:35 pm candle and stoploss above 10865 tmngs 2:20Pm candle.
3)Wolfe waves and rejection and other methods of your entry on nifty and bank nifty might have given you early signals and I do not have much idea on wolfe waves and rejection patterns.
4)Plz tell me how you entered on nifty futures of your other methods
Krish,

I have a question.

How did you know that reward is only 30 points before taking the trade?What method or technique did you make use of for deciding the potential reward?

HI Raghavacc
gr8 to see u here,
1) it was H & S pattern , 11:10 am shoulder and 12:50 pm Head and 14:20 pm as shoulder.
2)Neckline starting from 10:55 am and 13:25 pm .
Height between head and neckline is approx 51 points.
3)14:35 was a breakdwn candle and from breakdown candle 10838 value less 51 points
4)target 10787 and sl 14:20 candle above 10865 and if I want to sell it should be below 14:35 candle 10822.2 and approx prft 35 points.
5)was it properly analyzed ?
plz tell me raghava

ST Da,
Please check my trade on BNF, y'day, though it was not based on oscillator & suggest the changes, i was bit confused on the point i cover my short.
Thanks
Rajesh,

Cover your short positions above the high of the bar next to that doji with a long tail at the bottom....look at that doji bar , what does it tell you ? Bears hammered the market down but suddenly bulls got into the game ....the bar which has gone down so much closing as a doji near the top indicates that bulls are in control and you should cover your short positions above high of this doji bar. Next bar is a small green bar meaning no more aggressive selling happening and bulls are in no mood to let go the control...so wait maximum upto the high of this bar...and once the high is taken out...cover all your short positions...

Smart_trade

EagleOne

Eagle one
For scalping how much you expect on CE and PE (points wise) compared to nifty futures movement and also thnks for ur support.
Depends, Krish. On the Delta value of the option I wish to trade with respect to its Fut/spot movement and range (keeping, of course, in mind market's underlying health). And I try hard not to expect. Instead, I let the PA arrive at a possible Target/SL range which I confirm with charts/indicators(sometimes I don't bother confirming). Then my brain does some click-clicks. Lo and behold, I have the number of lots to be traded, and the target/SL...all flash before my eyes! :D

Easy, isn't it?

BTW, sometimes it becomes the most difficult when I let the Fear-Greed time bomb start doing the tick-tick in my head instead! :)

Hope it will help you in your trading more than you 'expected'!;)

Have a nice weekend.

ST,
Can I bother you for a lesson please? I have tried to look up bear flag and bull flag, but things are as clear as mud :) after reviewing various definitions of the same. Would you please teach me how to identify and differentiate between these two flags?