How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kk82

Hi kamlesh,

I really appreciate you sharing all your knowledge..Great stuff and i hope you continue doing so as i am sure a lot of people are getting benefited by this !!
I read all the posts in this thread and they were very informative..I have subscribed to this thread ..Thanks again Friend..

Kiran

Guys! Yesterday i thought of summarizing my system of BRL-[LH-LL] in the thread itself first and then later on preparing a .pdf booklet with all the rules, exceptions & numerous examples and uploading it at www.4shared.com so that it can be disseminated to traders community.

This method is my brainchild (Bearish Resistance Line is free of copyrights, LH-LL of course belongs to Dow Theory, but hybridizing the two for simple trading decisions is solely my idea) and hence i reserve all the copyrights and name it as "Uttam's Method of SELLING"

Kamlesh Uttam

Last edited:
Hi kamlesh,

I really appreciate you sharing all your knowledge..Great stuff and i hope you continue doing so as i am sure a lot of people are getting benefited by this !!
I read all the posts in this thread and they were very informative..I have subscribed to this thread ..Thanks again Friend..

Kiran
Welcome to the thread Kiran. I am happy to hear that you read all the posts, which is what i want from all the new joinees to this thread. That ensures smooth continuity in the discussions.

Kamlesh Uttam

Guys! In this post i am going to discuss something very important about Stop Loss orders.
There are two usage of Stop Loss orders:

1. To Enter into the trade
2. To Exit out of the trade.

Stop Loss orders may be with Limit Price/@Market Price while Entering into the trade but must be @Market Price while Exiting
-- Richard Donchian
...............Just because while exiting, the reason for being into the trade vanishes. For example, if you have entered into the trade to profit from momentum with a bullish stochastic crossover. Now trade goes into profit and Stochastics finally makes bearish crossover. Now you MUST exit the trade without your order being skipped by the market as bullish momentum has already vanished from the market.

Now look at the two cases:

(a) Suppose you have a limit price in the Stop Loss order and there comes a big order at your limit price or market has low liquidity at that price your order may get skipped and your profits may disappear and if it is a losing trade losses may swell. You never know how much damage market can do to you.
I have once suffered a big loss due to skip of SL order in the very liquid market of NIFTY where my gap between Limit price and Trigger price was 1 point. I was in office and had opened a trade over phone and put a SL order and was relaxed that if i am proved wrong my losses would be limited to my SL Limit price.

(b) Now if you have Stop Loss order as: Trigger price: (value) and Limit Price as '0' (zero). Then you don't have to worry about liquidity etc. your order will get executed @market price and there is no danger of it being skipped which is a must while EXIT. When you SHOULD exit (either with profit or loss) you MUST exit at any cost just because the reason of the trade has vanished by then.

Kamlesh Uttam

Last edited:

kk82

Great idea Kamlesh..Looking forward to the pdf..Will benefit all..

Guys! Yesterday i thought of summarizing my system of BRL-[LH-LL] in the thread itself first and then later on preparing a .pdf booklet with all the rules, exceptions & numerous examples and uploading it at www.4shared.com so that it can be disseminated to traders community.

This method is my brainchild (Bearish Resistance Line is free of copyrights, LH-LL of course belongs to Dow Theory, but hybridizing the two for simple trading decisions is solely my idea) and hence i reserve all the copyrights and name it as "Uttam's Method of SELLING"

Kamlesh Uttam

:)Commodity Trading is not the easy Task, when we are constantly keep watch on market Trends, Market Trend Prices on that basis we can start trading. for that we have to check market watch reports of commodities.

visit here Crude Oil Market Watch Report to find the best Place for finding Latest Market Watch report for Crude oil, Gold, silver and many more.

mdrafi67

Kamlesh Uttam
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
great work Mr.Kamlesh......................keep going ......hope this knowledge sharing will return to u a million times more.....................thank u. All the Best.......................:thumb:

kk82

Hi kamlesh,
I am just starting with commodities..And i had a basic question that i hope you would help me with..My account is in sharekhan and they provide mcx charts for the various contracts in the commodities..Somewhere along this thread you had mentioned that the data from mcx is not reliable..So do you recommend to follow international charts from esignal etc..? If that's the case then aren't those prices spot prices..So how do you decide on the entry price ? Can you please help me understand this...Thanks a lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.