How To Push Live Data From Excel Sheet To Amibroker ??

Using VBA (Excel), it is possible to create a simple application to route Yahoo data to Ami with Backfill. If anyone can create such a application, it will be very useful indeed.

Instead of double cliking JS each time you can make it easy ..........In AB go Tools >Customise and from Tools tab you can create a new Item using Coomand/Argument/Initial Directory......

The new Item will appear on Tools menu in amibroker.....thats all

shanki99

Instead of double cliking JS each time you can make it easy ..........In AB go Tools >Customise and from Tools tab you can create a new Item using Coomand/Argument/Initial Directory......

The new Item will appear on Tools menu in amibroker.....thats all
Plz elaborate a little bit more for layman. U mean to say that ami automatically updates the data? If yes, at what intervals? Or we need to click anything?

What to give in Command, arguments and Initial directory

And also, if i need to update multiple csv files, what changes to be done in that .JS and .format files.

Using VBA (Excel), it is possible to create a simple application to route Yahoo data to Ami with Backfill. If anyone can create such a application, it will be very useful indeed.

That is easy as Amibroker uses OLE interfaces and an programmer should be able to code this in VB or C#.

I use a software from www.i-tyche.com that downloads all the EOD rates for yahoo tickers and updates Amibroker too. There are many other freewares like bhavcopy and many others. You can use any of them.

Hello,

I am having EOD datas in Excel file (updating manually EOD datas of Gold spot in USD value). I want to use amibroker for my analysis with EOD values.

Help is requested to convert or import last 5 years datas from excel file to Amibroker. After initial data feed, I can feed EOD values manually on daily basis.

Thanks & regards,
Keerthi

I do not know much about Ami database .But I read it can read Ascii data easily .
Read The Amibroker manual .
Otherwise Metastock can read Excel file . After feeding into Metastock - make Amibroker read Metastock file. It would be easy .

a1b1trader

Hello,

I am having EOD datas in Excel file (updating manually EOD datas of Gold spot in USD value). I want to use amibroker for my analysis with EOD values.

Help is requested to convert or import last 5 years datas from excel file to Amibroker. After initial data feed, I can feed EOD values manually on daily basis.

Thanks & regards,
Keerthi
Hello Keerthi

Amibroker can not import data from an excel file. You have to copy and save the excel file (.xls or .xlsx type) to .csv type first and then you can import data to amibroker. Use the order of columns as required in IMPORT WIZARD of amibroker.

Please do write if you need any more help.