How much is earnings possible in Intraday algo trading?

rzee

1. i set the amount/goal(predifined amount to make)....based on that i tweak my position sizing algorithm....and by the way position sizing is the only way to acheive your goals.

2.i don't do automated trading for indian markets.... only manual... the technology has not yet fulfulling my requirements in AMT.even symphony people can't able to program my position-sizing algorithm.i do AMT for International markets....

3.i am a trend trader... so i choose/made my afl according to my psychology and it is the basic AFl which resembles any trend following AFL.

4.as far as iam concerned i only trade in equity cash segment....which allows my position sizing easily and i hate things which are having expiry...

5. same as 3.

6.This is the area where every new trader fails....depending upon ur goals the investing/trading capital changes....and i don't know how to define "good profits"....when iam reaching my goal sooner or later.

Regards,
Best answer.

jahan

Still traders in US also loose money.
:D

Many reputed Indian Software firms designing Algo's for FII's and Foreign Clients

http://www.tcs.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/White Papers/TCS_FS_algorithmictrading.pdf

Trading the US markets is a totally different ball game.Would suggest you to read "The Flash Boys" by Michael Lewis on Algo's and HFT's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Boys
Hello,

ur exactly right..and i do i agree with ur statement.

but one thing... we here at traderji are not FII's/foreign clients ....

i should say technology is not affordable to retail traders like me...i apologize for what i said i.e "technology not fulfilling my needs".

Regards,

jahan

Hello,

@jagan

if u want know about position-sizing go through the book "Definitive guide to position sizing" by Van K.Tharp.

and when come to foreign market.....take vijay words as mine...and as far as legality is concerned it is not legal trade in foreign markets....unless u have a foreign account for the same to do foreign trading.

and when come our Indian future markets, they are not continuous markets,for me to be able to position size correctly i need continuous market data and odd lots.....if u want more clarity go through with my previous posts.

Regards,