General Elections 2019

What will happen ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
250 would mean loss of 80+ seats for NDA. Plus mahamilawati sarkar headed by Modi.
If the history is anything to go by, Mayawati will want to become the PM (just as she became the CM with BJP's support).

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
If the history is anything to go by, Mayawati will want to become the PM (just as she became the CM with BJP's support).
I think Mayawati will be content with minister portfolio for her MP. She will then threaten to pull out half way... same as she did after 2.5 yr as CM when both BJP and BSP had CM sharing agreement

mohan.sic

2014: Huge Modi Wave + General Anti incumbency against UPA after 2 terms + Pessimistic views on ManMohan Singh, Rahul and few other top congress Netas + No of Corruption scams + Rise of Right wing ideology in Indian Middle class + Promise on Black Money + Arnab Goswami= BJP 282

2019: There is no massive modi wave in this election like 2014. Imo a person who dint vote to modi in that huge 2014 wave, anyway may not vote to Modi now. And clearly a section a people who liked him earlier are not with him now. So I don't think that count of pro Modi will increase than 2014. + overall negative perception on Demonetization and other policy matters and clear failure of some flagship programs+ Clear fall in Modis popularity.
No corruption charges on current govt. Modi has got clean image on corruption issues.
And there are many other positive factors too favoring BJP. Bad governance and corruption will take away the vote, But good and clean governance alone will not bring new vote. I think Pakistan and Nationalism is part of 2014 vote also. So even if new voter joins the list, I think the addition from this Nationalism factor will be less.

Imo, if we look at the positives and negatives, its a overall fall than 2014 perception. I fail to understand how exit polls are giving a equal or more mandate than 2014. I expected a fall of 20%+ than 2014.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
On TVs in Pakistan: Why people don’t want PM Narendra Modi to return

The outcome of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls on May 23 is being watched with great keenness in neighbouring Pakistan. The interest in Pakistan is not surprising given the cross-border tension between the two countries and that many people in that country have familial links in India.

Presumably panicked by the Indian Air Force’s surgical strikes on terror camps inside Pakistan, most Pakistani nationals are voicing in interviews on social media their reservations about the return of an NDA government led by Narendra Modi.

“He shouldn’t come to power, he carried out surgical attacks in Pakistan...,” Shahi Alam, a Lahorite, told a Pakistan TV channel.

Another person, Aizaz, added, “I doubt Modi will come back with a majority. I am sure he will get a fractured mandate and that is good for Pakistan.”

Some months ago, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan had said there may be a better chance of peace talks with India if Prime Minister Narendra Modi won the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.

Riaz, a London-based Pakistan businessman, told TOI over the phone: “People living in Pakistan have different views from those of Pakistanis living abroad. We are of the view that Modi should come back to power in India. At least it will act as a deterrent to terrorist organisations operating from Pakistani soil and pressure the Pakistan government to eradicate terrorism from our motherland.”

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...endra-modi-to-return/articleshow/69437300.cms

Status
Not open for further replies.