Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

25. Here are the contents of the NSE-NOW2.format file. This file tells AmiBroker how the data is to be imported from our “MyCSV.csv” file. $FORMAT line tells the order of each field. Those who want to change column order should see AmiBroker's User Guide for further information.

# Format definition file generated automatically
# by AmiBroker's ASCII Import Wizard
$FORMAT Date_MDY, Ticker, Time, Close, Volume, Appendticker, Appendticker,
$SKIPLINES 1 'Ignore the first line in csv file i.e Headings
$SEPARATOR , 'We are using comma (,) as field seperator
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$AUTOADD 1 'Automatically add new scrips into its database
$DEBUG 1

sr114

Josh1

u detailed that the NSE-RT*.xlm to be placed in the NOW/Nest3 sub folder. but i placed it under root directory. it worked with NOW but with Nest3 it is not functioning.

is it the cause for mal functioning for Nest3 traders.

regards
sr

how can i ask questions in traderji.com. Where is that option. My user name is jacob thomas.
i have one doubt. Can I sell delivery stocks without purchsing them first.

Hi Josh1 ,

Great help you have provided by elaborating the process in such minute and step by step details. I followed the steps as you have described. When I reached the last step for RT data I got stuck. When in the RT "xlsm" sheet I press the "start" sheet I get a Runtime Error 70 ....permission denied . After that a box appears saying "debug". When I press the debug button I get to this page, the image of which I am attaching .
A yellow arrow pointing towards a yellow line is seen. I don't know how to proceed further as I am unable to make out what does this mean.

Regards.

josh1

Josh1

u detailed that the NSE-RT*.xlm to be placed in the NOW/Nest3 sub folder. but i placed it under root directory. it worked with NOW but with Nest3 it is not functioning.

is it the cause for mal functioning for Nest3 traders.

regards
sr
Have you included the Nest3 sub folder as source in the Trust Centre in Excel?

sr114

Josh1

no, is it due to that or something else. inclusion is not a big factor.

will have to see after inclusion and check in live market

thanx again
regards

josh1

how can i ask questions in traderji.com. Where is that option. My user name is jacob thomas.
i have one doubt. Can I sell delivery stocks without purchsing them first.
You can start a new thread/post to ask questions.
You can sell delivery stocks before purchasing but you will have to square off your transaction in the same session. Otherwise you will not be able to deliver the shares. They will be auctioned and you will end up paying heavily.

josh1

Hi Josh1 ,

Great help you have provided by elaborating the process in such minute and step by step details. I followed the steps as you have described. When I reached the last step for RT data I got stuck. When in the RT "xlsm" sheet I press the "start" sheet I get a Runtime Error 70 ....permission denied . After that a box appears saying "debug". When I press the debug button I get to this page, the image of which I am attaching .
A yellow arrow pointing towards a yellow line is seen. I don't know how to proceed further as I am unable to make out what does this mean.

Regards.

It means you operating system is not allowing you to write to the C:\MyCSV.csv file. Which operating system are you using?
The reason could be that you do not have permission to write to the root folder i.e C:\ of your PC or the file is open.

It seems you succeeded in getting the live quotes in Excel.
Try to create a file on C:\ with notepad or wordpad and revert.

Status
Not open for further replies.