Fire your tax related queries and i would get it solved!!!

Are you able to understand the replies and act accordingly to this thread ??

• Yes, able to understand BUT NOT able to take suggested course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat able to take desicions, BUT seek professional help in my area

• Find it tough to understand the replies hence always seek other professional help

• Not able to understand any of the replies !!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diosys

Q2 and Q3 are much clearer now
regarding Q4 my income was 5 lacs and out of that i put 2lacs in market to buy shares. and so i pay tax on remaining 3 lacs as 2 lacs is still invested
right?
Wrong....pay tax on you total income of 5 lacs....that is your profit....

Please try to appreciate the difference between capital and income...

5 lacs was the amount that was put to start my icici direct account
diosys if its not much of a hassle can i email u my statment for those 4 months and u can help me find out how to calculate

Thanks

diosys

5 lacs was the amount that was put to start my icici direct account
diosys if its not much of a hassle can i email u my statment for those 4 months and u can help me find out how to calculate

Thanks
if 5 lacs was the amount you had put to start then that is your capital and not profit....then no tax on this amount...

if 5 lacs was the amount you had put to start then that is your capital and not profit....then no tax on this amount...
so i have to pay 30% on those 5 lacs right?
but suppose i take 2 lacs and buy some shares so that 2 lacs is still invested in the market
so i just pay 30% on 3 lacs as the decision of profit or loss is pending on those 2 lacs as i havent sold the shares yet

Dear diosys,
I am a salaried employee and do f&o trading also. I hvae few queries
1. f&o is treated as business income, am I right?
2. In which column of ITR 4, should I include the f&o income?
Thanks

columbus

All investments made in Mutual Funds are exempted from the Income Tax? Or those in ELSS scheme only?

diosys

so i have to pay 30% on those 5 lacs right?
but suppose i take 2 lacs and buy some shares so that 2 lacs is still invested in the market
so i just pay 30% on 3 lacs as the decision of profit or loss is pending on those 2 lacs as i havent sold the shares yet
Why are you getting confused.....

Please answer one simple question...

Is this 5 lacs which you invested your capital or your generated profit....Note - Generated profit means for this year alone and not previous year...

diosys

Dear diosys,
I am a salaried employee and do f&o trading also. I hvae few queries
1. f&o is treated as business income, am I right?
2. In which column of ITR 4, should I include the f&o income?
Thanks
F&O should go in the business income head....

It would be included in the schedule where the breakup of sale and purchase is required....

diosys

All investments made in Mutual Funds are exempted from the Income Tax? Or those in ELSS scheme only?
Only those in ELSS are eligible for deduction....not all

Aman1

hi diosys
I am salaried, I have done all kind of tradingi.e intraday, short term, future&option, and commodity. Am I supposed to fill only one form for my tax return i.e ITR4 or any other form as well.