Fire your tax related queries and i would get it solved!!!

Are you able to understand the replies and act accordingly to this thread ??

• Yes, able to understand BUT NOT able to take suggested course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat able to take desicions, BUT seek professional help in my area

• Find it tough to understand the replies hence always seek other professional help

• Not able to understand any of the replies !!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

canikhil

now my query to Nikhil Sir-

if Income is above 3 lakhs+FD interest around 1lakh=4lakhs
after 80C,it's only 2.5Lakhs.Still we need an audit?
what you mean by income? Salary? if yes, then if your profits from F&O activity is less than 8% of the turnover, then yes, audit should apply. You have to see everything before 80C deductions.

what you mean by income? Salary? if yes, then if your profits from F&O activity is less than 8% of the turnover, then yes, audit should apply. You have to see everything before 80C deductions.

Please answer my these queries, I put down some scenarios of some of the friends-
All Full Time Trader Cases-

1)F&O Turnover is below 1Cr,(only Futures contracts,thus turnover is below 1Cr)
Income from trading is only 3 lakhs,
FD interest I receive is 1 lakh,do I need audit?

2) F&O Turnover is above 1Cr,(Option Trading increases the turnover figure :( )
FD interest he received is 1 lakh,does he need audit

3) F&O Turnover is above 1Cr,
Profit made is only 1.15 Lakhs
FD interest he receives is 80k, does he need audit?

4) F&O Turnover is above 1Cr
Loss made 1 Lakh.
FD interest is 1.25 Lakhs.
Do I need audit? I don’t want to carry forward this 1 Lakh loss.Just a plain ITR return of interest received on FD we will show,it it ok?

5)If I take only futures trades with a nice strategy,I could make(may be) 10 Lakhs profit,but my turnover will be below 1 Cr,when we take option trades then only this turnover figure rises and we have to pay a big amount to CA.
Thats the reason I avoid taking option trades :(
your views on this please.

-Kabir A

Last edited:

canikhil

Please answer my these queries, I put down some scenarios of some of the friends-
All Full Time Trader Cases-

1)F&O Turnover is below 1Cr,(only Futures contracts,thus turnover is below 1Cr)
FD interest I receive is 1 lakh,do I need audit?

2) F&O Turnover is above 1Cr,(Option Trading increases the turnover figure :( )
FD interest he received is 1 lakh,does he need audit

3) F&O Turnover is above 1Cr,
Profit made is only 1.15 Lakhs
FD interest he receives is 80k, does he need audit?

4) F&O Turnover is above 1Cr
Loss made 1 Lakh.
FD interest is 1.25 Lakhs.
Do I need audit? I don’t want to carry forward this 1 Lakh loss.Just a plain ITR return of interest received on FD we will show,it it ok?

5)If I take only futures trades with a nice strategy,I could make(may be) 10 Lakhs profit,but my turnover will be below 1 Cr,when we take option trades then only this turnover figure rises and we have to pay a big amount to CA.
Thats the reason I avoid taking option trades :(
your views on this please.

-Kabir A
Dear Kabir,

I have posted a detailed note covering various scenarios on this somewhere else in this forum. Kindly refer to that. With respect to your specific query, I have already answered it. I am myself a CA and don't mind the big amount! It is called professional fee. You should look at business not from the perspective of fees you pay out for compliance but as a profit generating activity. Now if you make profits on options then there won't be any problem...right? it all happens because we make wrong bets and accumulate losses and once you are in red, every cost looks big!

canikhil

Very confusing.Pls dont reply question by a question.Tax related queries are new for traders like us who just made profit last year.B4 that we never knew what was ITR-4,AIR or something like that.

Looking forward with a great Hope Nikhil Sir.
Kabir. Follow a simple principle:

1. If the turnover exceeds the tax audit limit (till Fy 2015-16 Rs 1 cr, Fy 2016-17 Rs 2 cr), then audit is applicable irrespective of profit/loss

2. If the turnover is below the tax audit limit, then:

A. If the profit is less than 8% of the turnover and total income before providing for 80C deduction, exceeds the basic exempted limit ie Rs 2.5 lakhs, then audit is applicable. eg: salary income Rs 3 lakhs, turnover Rs 10 lakhs, profit: Rs 50,000, then audit will apply as income is in excess of Rs 2.5 lakhs but the profit is below 8% of the turnover

B. If the profit is less than 8% of the turnover but total income before providing for 80C deduction is less than 2.5 lakhs, then no audit is applicable. Now in this case a lot of CAs will contend that audit is applicable. But according to law it isn't.

C. If the profit is in excess of 8%, then no audit is applicable.