Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

revendar

Last edited:

yusi

After clicking buy button and i click a point in chart it asks for this order details..
Also I see Brokerage which is null now, and broker interface is not installed..
Nice. Either you put the code together yourself in a couple of days or, as Kapil Sharma would put it, got it as a wedding gift. Either way, you seem to have the required pieces in place. The answer to whether it works should be apparent once the broker enables the trading api. Do not think the brokerage value is relevant for it to work; probably is there for profit computation.

Btw, it would be preferable to pick up the prices in multiples of tick size.

revendar

Yes. I will wait for nest api to be enabled and see if this built in Amibroker buy/sell button would be able to find the api..
If not i will try to use my custom button.

yusi

@Abhi, the images and explanation was posted by radha55 specifically for others who may have the same problem. The indication was to check your Plus Dashboard if your trading plugin is unlocked as that is likely to be the cause.

@Abhi, the images and explanation was posted by radha55 specifically for others who may have the same problem. The indication was to check your Plus Dashboard if your trading plugin is unlocked as that is likely to be the cause.
Yes, I guess I overlooked. My trading plugin was disabled, after getting this unlocked, calls are going fine. I am now using PHP to call the API - works like charm.

Only thing missing with API is getting the order status, and admin positions.

revendar

Nice. Either you put the code together yourself in a couple of days or, as Kapil Sharma would put it, got it as a wedding gift. Either way, you seem to have the required pieces in place. The answer to whether it works should be apparent once the broker enables the trading api. Do not think the brokerage value is relevant for it to work; probably is there for profit computation.

Btw, it would be preferable to pick up the prices in multiples of tick size.
I have got my trading plugin enabled.

And the amibroker builtin BUY/SELL does not detect the plugin/broker.
So I tried placing orders from custom afl..

using this...

plusObject = CreateObject("nest.plusapi");

//Assign the object a name
plusObject.SetObjectName("DryRun");

//Place a limit buy order using NRML (near the lower circuit, CMP is 110)
plusObject.PlaceOrder("BUY", "OrderNo_1", "NSE", "AXISBANK-EQ", "DAY", "LIMIT", 1, 2000, 0, 1, "NRML", "XXXXXX-13906");

But nesttrader says "Objectname not set. SetObjectName is not called".

Should I enable something??

revendar

I have checked the previous pages.. and found same error when tried from excel macros..

I also checked nestapi pdf from omnesys ad in Amibroker it is not necessary to ass "Call before calling method names"..

I checked in the dashboard and my plugin is not yet enabled..
Zerodha helpdesk told plugin was enabled.. So I tried..
I will contact support again!!!

Last edited:

revendar

I have got my plugin enabled. :)
I tried placing an order..
It enters the nest pulse running script.. But it shows trading symbol empty.

Do we have to have the stock which we are placing order in Market watch?
I came to office. So no access to NEST.