Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

trader21

Try this:

Set IeObject = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
IeObject.Visible = True
IeObject.Navigate "www.traderji.com"

If it works for you, you have successfully made a COM call.

For Plus, the object name is Nest.PlusApi instead of InternetExplorer.Application. Supported functions would be SetObjectName and PlaceOrder instead of Navigate. The parameters to the functions, and their meaning, are described in this thread. Take it from there.
Hi, is it AFL code? Sorry about basic question because it shows error.

Anyways I am researching about COM objects... can you share some afl examples (other than AMI tutorial links).

If I use CreateObject, orders get placed with multiple API windows (inconvenient). If I use CreateStaticObject (KAKA afl) it shows error that PlaceOrder function not found.

best regards

Last edited:

yusi

Hi, is it AFL code? Sorry about basic question because it shows error.
Well... AFL 101 says that code lines end in semi-colons. No, it is Excel code.

If I use CreateObject, orders get placed with multiple API windows (inconvenient). If I use CreateStaticObject (KAKA afl) it shows error that PlaceOrder function not found.
Read 4. CreateObject

If you look at the code you wrote / copied, you will surely identify the error.

trader21

OK I got it.

Did you get any success in fetching the status of partially filled orders (the afl problem will be to match sell quantity for a partially filled buy order).

yusi

OK I got it.

Did you get any success in fetching the status of partially filled orders (the afl problem will be to match sell quantity for a partially filled buy order).
No, either never noticed or not encountered as the quantities are small or not a monitored event or no specially created test condition for it.

"match sell quantity for a partially filled buy order" -- what is that even supposed to mean?

trader21

No, either never noticed or not encountered as the quantities are small or not a monitored event or no specially created test condition for it.

"match sell quantity for a partially filled buy order" -- what is that even supposed to mean?
Say on Buy Signal I send BUY order of 100 shares, and only 80 get filled. I should be able to retrieve this partial status in afl in real-time. When Sell signal comes, I will need to send SELL order of 80 shares (and not 100 shares).

Raju

hi raju,

Any luck with placing orders from excel to nest.
Haven't tried much.Was busy in official work.Will update once I work and find something to share ...

Regards,
Raju

Dear VJAY,

This is the code for SAR type buy sell semi auto trading with Nest trader.
For fully automatic we should clear NCFM exam and get our id mapped to dealer type with ZERODHA.
So that we need not approve each time the buy sell order.

This could should be placed at the end of the trading system.
Say - SuperTrend for an example.

For the code to work
I have asked ZERODHA to enable 5 days free trial of the NestPlus API.They replied that the API has been enabled but in the plus dashboard the plugin is yet to be unlcoked or enabled for my id.Zerodha has said that they look in to the issue and get back.
So waiting.

Probably on monday I should be able to tell clearly.
Hello ,

Any progress on this front. Really great to see that members of this forum are very helpful towards fellow traders.

Thanks.

Nest plus API has now been blocked by NSE and only brokers having approval from NSE can run it. Earlier it was allowed boy omnesys for all brokers now special permissions are required from NSE. You need to check with zeroes if they have the approvals in place. Most likely they do not. You can check with master trust for same as they have the approval.