Delta Neutral Strategy (Long Nifty @ Long Puts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Harish & Nautilus,

I have nothing more to add, to your trades. I hope you will not mind sharing some of your bounty with other traders by conducting similar trade next month. I may not be able to continue to participate on this forum of Traderjis, as I will be hospitalized for some investigative work next week. If all goes well, then, one day I will appear back.

Please do post your final outcome of your trades. The question answer session must conclude by this weekend, as after than I will not be available.

I thank both of you, for tolerating me so long. I am sorry, if I have said some thing, which might have heart someone's feelings.

I will not be able to post daily option strategy from tomorrow onwards, for today I will.

God Bless you all.

My good wishes are with you.

Happy Trading,

Wastej

Hi Harish & Nautilus,

I have nothing more to add, to your trades. I hope you will not mind sharing some of your bounty with other traders by conducting similar trade next month. I may not be able to continue to participate on this forum of Traderjis, as I will be hospitalized for some investigative work next week. If all goes well, then, one day I will appear back.

Please do post your final outcome of your trades. The question answer session must conclude by this weekend, as after than I will not be available.

I thank both of you, for tolerating me so long. I am sorry, if I have said some thing, which might have heart someone's feelings.

I will not be able to post daily option strategy from tomorrow onwards, for today I will.

God Bless you all.

Happy Trading,

Wastej
Looking forward to your speedy return back to Traderji..........take care,and all the best!!

Saint

Hi Harish & Nautilus,

God Bless you all.

Happy Trading,

Wastej
Hi Wastej:

Its been a pleasure making your acquantaince through this forum. I hope the investigative work comes through ok and you get a clean bill of health. I wish you speedy recovery and hope and pray that what ever it is, it is not serious.

I also look forward to exchanging views with you on this forum in not too distant a future.

About your mentoring all I can say is Thank you!.

Best regards and speedy recovery.

Nautilus

Dearest WasteJ,
Sorry! ---From the core of my heart for the misunderstanding------It was really foolish of me---to ask a senior like u to do some calculations for me----and getting a strong reply----which was probably for my good only----But then I am a bit emotional----And maybe--a bit frustated---when I was directed by someone else even to do so(--Well---He took a lot of pain in explaining the calculations---but wouldnt do it ---probably for my good---)----Anyway-----I followed this thread everyday---
The actual reason why I asked others to do the calculation ----was not because I couldnt do it----I m teacher of Maths too----But actually I was trying to automate the entire process----considering Brokerage aspects too----and was too engrossed in it---I m struck a bit in between--but m sure---I will overcome it soon---
WasteJ---I pray to nature for ur speedy recovery----and give us more lessons everyday ---if time and health permits----U r an asset to traders and mankind---and I sincerely hope---U do not forget us---in Traderji---
Regards,
joy_mitali

joy_mitali said:
Dearest WasteJ,
Sorry! ---From the core of my heart for the misunderstanding------It was really foolish of me---to ask a senior like u to do some calculations for me----and getting a strong reply----which was probably for my good only----But then I am a bit emotional----And maybe--a bit frustated---when I was directed by someone else even to do so(--Well---He took a lot of pain in explaining the calculations---but wouldnt do it ---probably for my good---)----Anyway-----I followed this thread everyday---
The actual reason why I asked others to do the calculation ----was not because I couldnt do it----I m teacher of Maths too----But actually I was trying to automate the entire process----considering Brokerage aspects too----and was too engrossed in it---I m struck a bit in between--but m sure---I will overcome it soon---
WasteJ---I pray to nature for ur speedy recovery----and give us more lessons everyday ---if time and health permits----U r an asset to traders and mankind---and I sincerely hope---U do not forget us---in Traderji---
Regards,
joy_mitali
Joy Mitali:

Very well put - a sign of a true humble gentleman.

Nautilus

Hi Wastej:

here is the daily summary:

Closed out profits on futures = 92200 profit
Closed out losses on options = 5490 loss

Open positions p/l

1) 200 long futures@2490 = (2610.95-2490)x200 = 24190 profit
2) 400 short puts(sp2350)@12.50 = (12.50-0.25)x400 = 4900 profit
3)1000 short puts(sp2400)@11.50 = (11.50-0.20)x1000 = 11300 profit
4) 300 short puts(sp2480)@21.50 = (21.50-0.05)x300 = 6435 profit
5) 200 short puts(sp2580)@27.00 = (27.00-0.35)x200 = 5330 profit
6) 200 short calls(sp2580)@26.00 = (26.00-28.00)x200 = 400 loss
7) 2000 long puts(sp2340)@46.00 = (0.00-46.00)x2000 = 92000 loss

Total p/l = (92200+24190+4900+11300+6435+5330-5490-400-92000) = 46465 profit

Open positions:

1) 200 long futures@2490
2) 400 short puts(sp2350)@12.50
3)1000 short puts(sp2400)@11.50
4) 300 short puts(sp2480)@21.50
5) 200 short puts(sp2580)@27.00
6) 200 short calls(sp2580)@26.00
7) 2000 long puts(sp2340)@46.00

Regards

Nautilus

Hi Joy_mitali, Harish, Sant, Nautilus, Snowy and all others,

I thank you all for your kind words of appreciation, which I don't deserve at all. All I did was shared what I have learned from others. That was the only objective of this forum.

If any one has any question regarding the trade, which concluded today, please ask them before the weekend, as I may not be able to answer afterwards.

I once again thank you all for reading this forum with great interest. My special thanks goes to Nautlius, Harish and Joy_mitali, without their contribution it would not have been possible to run this trade.

Nautlius, All the options have now expired, therefore, it is not necessary to subtract the ending values. This will add to your profits, though a very small amount.

Regards,

Wastej

Hi WasteJ ,

To Day's Trade : Sold 200 Nifty Fut at 2622.00
Nifty Settelment Price : 2611.20
Calculation Attched in Excel WorkSheet

Thank U very much for being my teacher and it is really great experience in my life as a trader. I don't know how to thank U , but I have develop a small Excel WorkSheet to calculate Fut. & opt. closeout trading calculation which I would like to keep in your name before traderji family members.

Best Regards and wish U speedy recovery . Looking forward to your speedy return back to Traderji ........

Harish Chheda

Hi Harish,

I looked at the spreadsheet it is excellent work. Joy_mitali was also developing spreadsheet for this trade. It will be good idea if you look into what he has done so far and combine the two for ease of use and best results. I will request joy_mitali also to look into your sheet and see what he can contribute to make it better one.

I will strongly recommend both of you to please color-code it. Short call should have different color than the long calls and similarly short puts should have different color then the long puts. It is true for futures and stocks as well. Try to incorporate the total outlay of the trade, along with margin calculation and return on the investment in terms of percentage, if possible.

One more thing, I would like to add here is to link it with the yahoo finance or any other site, which can provide the closing numbers and provision to update it automatically at the end of the day and manually during the market hours.

Regards,

Wastej

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.