Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please avoid HDFCSec; their online site only works with internet explorer; its almost completely unusable with either firefox or opera. Compared to other borkers like indiabulls or geojit, their software is from the dark ages (this is after they updated their software). On top of this, viewing past history is a pain; they only allow searching history for a period of 15 days so you can imagine what a pain it is to sit at the end of the year to collect information for tax purposes. Some of the history that is displayed can't be saved or printed either. All in all, this seems like a company where the customer has the least priority.

I'm currently with Geojit and I'm very happy with them. Their RM is prompt with responses to queries, the brokerage is 0.30% (delivery), software is great and I haven't had any problems with them in the last few months.

I also agree that HDFCsec website is still age-old and you need to be expert to understand their user interface for online trading.

Recently I have seen improvement with Kotak but not to the level of ICICIdirect

Hi all,

Watch out for sharekhan if u are a trader and interested in short term gains-it somehow seems they manage make u lose whatever gains u have made by various means-during the window of oppurtunity they make sure ur order does not materialise for -u dont get an acknowledgement of the order or in the worst case as has happened today the 22 june 06 there system went dead from 1412 hrs and promply came alive at 1529hrs when the market was closing?:D :eek:

QUOTE=cool_harry]Hi everyone,

As I am still to open an account I read lot of threads regarding online brokers. Out of much thinking and decesions I picked up sharekhan Indiabulls and 5 paisa. But after reading bad market report of Indiabulls am scared of this broker now reamins sharekhan and 5 paisa. can u tell me sharekhan how is the broker i will not be trading online cause am always on the move as a tour official but so will be trading only through telephone now please tell me Will sharekhan be the right choice for me. Any update on this broker i mean there demat and financial transaction etc. Please guied me

Your good guidence can help me a lot.

All good inverstors are welcome.

Thank you.
cool_harry[/QUOTE]

hi rahul tahnaks advice. I realy appreciate that. Can u pls provide me with some more details about Geojit and Religare? i mean reg fee and other fees bank a/c's etc?

Trader07 said:
Quickenboy, how often do such mishaps occur at Sharekhan ?
I had traded thru them some years ago and they were quite reliable then.
do u do intraday trades on sharekhan -they will leave in cold without means to square up when u want to:eek: :eek: -today 26 jun 2006 the fast trade display has not been updating most of the day -wonder why?:eek: :cool:

Religare easily gives a brokerage of 0.02% for intra and 0.2% for delivery(Rs. 25 minimum brokerage per day).

There are 2 schemes currently offered by religare for taking a/c with diet odin.
1) initial account opening fee of Rs.500(for demat) with a free trading account.
2) If a margin of Rs. 10,000 is given at starting then the account opening fee is waived off.

No AMC for first year and if volumes are around Rs. 6-7 lakhs per annum then NO AMC is charged.

Their services are excellent as it is backed up by Ranbaxy Group.

They also offer both online and offline trading and have one of the most transparent system for their clients.

And yes there is no min balance to be kept and they never cut your position.

Recently Religare has come up with new online trading options with the name of RACE which has 3 varients RACE, RACE Lite and Race Pro. The main distinguishing feature is that they provide an interest of 3% on the margin money kept with them to the client. For detail quiery plz go to site www.religare.in

But as per my experience the best deal will be to go for diet odin trading a/c as its speed is incredible and no online a/c from any broker can match that.

Regards
Asif

Guys - Do any of you experience this with Sharekhan? I have keyed in 30 price movement alerts in Sharekhan and they vanished from last two weeks. I have been fighting with the customer support team for the last one week to no avail..:-(

I must say my overall experience with Sharekhan has never been positive. I have an account with them from 2004 March and earlier I had issues when I tried to deactive my SMS alerts they send on mobiles also.

Regards
Satish

Status
Not open for further replies.