Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

howz the speed with UTI tradeanywhere.exe any idea and do sharekhan also offer the same tradeanywhere in the classic account i have no idea regarding the speed of it and can we open multipel windows.

any one Trding through Fortis securites howz there online trading system and what brokerage they charge..

ANy guidence from anyone for me.

thanx.

Please help am all confused now.:confused:

jaideep said:
Hi! friend,
Yes, I'm still with 5paisa. In fact, just for the past month & a half. So far so good as they say. Brokerage is quite competetive. That's about all that I can say at the moment. Most times their TT5 software works OK. Order execution is OK but when there are hiccups, they're big ones. Their leverage for intra-day is acceptable. Their office/customer support is more or less Kindergarten standard. Mails go unanswered or responded to very stupidly. Their local office support, the less said the better. Raw recruits, absolute greenhorns man their offices here & make a mess of everything that they attempt to do. Can't blame them though, the management of 5paisa is to blame. Not that any other broker is great in all respects.;)

An example to explain:

Their TT5 software sometimes does not respond to commands & NET POSITIONS, ORDERS, TRADES etc. go hanging or un-refreshed. This misleads you, especially if you are trying to square off your intra-day position close to closing time. Sometimes this happens even 45 minutes before closing time. As a result you place a telephonic order which gets executed through their local NEAT terminal. If you are in a bad streak like I was on 2 occasions in just over a month of trading with 5paisa, the telephonic order is duplicated while the software order was actually executed but not reflected in the software at all. If all this happens just before closing time, imagine the tension that you have to undergo, especially if you have a SHORT order carried over for no fault of your's. You will have to wait for T+3 days to get your funds back for trading & you are meanwhile exposed to the Exchange auction rules & regulations and the vagaries of the markets.

You can only learn from your bad experiences & learn to live and adjust to the short-comings of your broker. That's the bottom line my friend. Name them and they are all the same, one way or the other.

Cheers and happy & safe trading gold_ranjit. Life is not only about trading the markets you know.:)
Hi Jaideep,

How are you hope u doin gr8,

Hey!! its been couple of months now that u using 5 paisa now i think you are able to comment in the right possible way to newcomers and people who wanting to opt for other services of the brokers. So can we have your valuable comments on 5 paisa. As you already know your comments are treated as a genuine comment from the users online because of you understanding of the market and its different aspects as a senior member of this forum we will like to hear you comments.

Thanks and warm
Regards,
gold_ranjit:)

dear invester i thik geojit financil services ltd is much better than others,its very easy to use online services & very comparetive brokrage charges.its a/c opebning charges just rs550.00. & brokrage charges .10 ps only
yours nirajmjain

vince said:
Brokerage would depend on volume. However if they are charging you 10 p for fno you have been ripped off. 5 p is standard brokerage for fno regardless of the monthly charges , even that is negotiable (monthly charges). Begin by refuse to pay any monthly charges. What are they charging for ?
Thank Vince,
I too feel that i am ripped off when i see my contract notes with high brokrage rates :mad:
i had argued a lot after that they have lifted the monthly rental but still hasitating in reducing the brokerage down??
now what trick should i try??

vince

Lay it out to them that it is impossible to trade with this high a brokerage. In fact are you aware that Geojit charges a cool flat rate of Rs 75 / contract. If they do not agree to the standard charge of 5p you could start thinking of changing brokers. If you cannot establish a good rapport with your broker I would say move on.

pranaviitkgp said:
Guyz anyone knows what is the currecnt aa/c opening charges with indiabulls?

They charged me 1650 rupees for Dmat a/c with trading s/w(power indiabulls).

This week, I had enquired India bulls. Current rates are Rs.1400/- for account opening+Dmat a/c with trading s/w(power indiabulls)

Regards

Let me add to the list of options. Geojit Financial services & Motilal Securities have also Internet trading. I have used Geojit's trading portal. The charges are a one time fee of Rs 250 plus demat account with them plus either a HDFC Bank or UTI Bank account. It is OK.

Any one want to open account with indiabulls with flat 0.3 for delivery and 0.03 for intraday with no condition of brokerage or turnover can contact me.

Brokerage can be further reduced if volume is higher.

sunandoghosh said:
:confused:
yes its a confusing maze of brokerages. Though ICICI has been one of the pioneers,the site has been costliest and often erratic.
On most of the brokerages,whereever u need to contact thru their helplines, makes you most helpless. They always inform you that as its is busy time during 9.54 to 3.30, your query would be sorted/replied after 5.00. You never solve your problem.The site which has this charactersics is 'Kotakstreet'. The experience with them has been like you are dealing with a third rate government department.
So far had experience (not a good one) with these brokerages. At present going is good with India Bulls-reason being proper rate of brokerage,trouble free website and in-time response to problems

Status
Not open for further replies.