Career in Financial Markets

Hi all,
I am looking for some courses which can help me understand the trading in capital markets and also how one can progress in his/her career.

Well, usually freshers without MBA degrees or CFA etc start from sales and back office functions in brokerages and FIs.
Then, gradually if seen fit, they may get into analysis wings. Usually, they start as analysts and gradually move up the ladder managing wider and wider portfolios.

You can study for CFA (http://www.cfainstitute.org). However the minimum time to become CFA charter holder is 4-5 years.

You can also take Finitiatives courses (http://www.learnwithflip.com). The biggest advantage here is that if you clear a certification, then their endorsing partners (IndiaInfoline, HDFC Bank etc)will prefer you in their recruitment..
Hope this helps

Dear Friends,

I was working with Angel broking ltd. till last month & am currently looking for a job as a Manager - Service Quality/Quality Assurance in Broking Industry & the details of my current role is as given below, FYR.

 Resolving customer queries, complaints & grievances South Region
 Define & review quality levels at customer touch points across all clients
 Continuously initiate & implement improvements projects, which translate into excellent service
 Ensure quality standards are met and conduct periodic audits to check strict adherence to quality norms
 Competition Tracking Quarterly SWOT analysis on competition products & services Live accounts with broking houses
 Trainer Equity/Futures & Options/Commodity/Currency Derivatives etc.
 NCFM/BCFM & BCCD/CDSL certification compliance Educate & encourage regions & branches for 100% certifications
 ORM Manages Online queries & complaints at various blogs & forums
 Working knowledge of clearing and settlement, regulatory compliances by the trading members and companies.
 Projects Initiated & Closed
1) Pan India Sub-Broker telephonic compliance survey Check display of compliance notice boards at their offices as mandated by regulator/exchanges
2) Running Account Authorization
3) Forgot Password Mechanism
4) Application Tracker Angel Website
5) SMS Service Queries/Complaints
6) Corporate Action/Announcements Angel Website
7) Evaluated Angel account opening process & reported to management
8) QA representation to Rothschild for PE Investments
9) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Quality Assurance/IT Infrastructure/IT Applications
 Current Projects W.I.P.
1) Service Quality complaints, investigations, follow-up & RCA South Zone
2) Branch Quality Ratings & Business Process Standardization.
3) Investor Education Program (Knowledge Centre) Website
4) Sector Updates Website
5) Streamlining Welcome Kit dispatch process & CRMS South Zone
6) Customer Service Feedback mechanism BO
7) Voice of Customers Account Closures South Zone
8) Increase trading volumes and profitability on different products

In case of any relevant vacancy, please speak to me on my Mobile no. +919619517190. thanks in Anticipation! Please revert in case of any query or for more information.

regards,

Radheyshyam