Buy on dips

A nice article from HDFC MF Prashant jain

http://www.hdfcfund.com/CMT/Upload/ArticleAttachments/Equity_Commentary_August_202011_01.pdf

Initially, I wrote a long note on equity markets and on why it is time to press the pedal on
equity investments, but then I was reminded of the saying that a picture is worth a 1000
words. So here is the picture and the abridged note follows.
The message is so simple that one does not have to be an expert to grasp the implications..............

Current PE is 18.76. However situation is very gloomy for IT, Textiles and FMCG now as US will cut expenses and these 3 will suffer most. It's not time to buy everything in 2-3 installments or falls. Now a bear phase is starting for long term and hence instead of 100 points fall one should be seeing PE closely and every 35 basis points dip in PE means a fresh investment. Funds to look out for should be Index funds and FoF which carry less expense ratio as now one will buy for longer term appriciation and not sell on rise and buy on dips. HDFC Sensex Plus, IDFC Nifty, SBI Bluechip, Kotak FoF, Quantum Equity Fund of Funds etc which either have low exp ratio or don't carry exit load. Have deep pockets and be ready to see Nifty at levels not expected by anyone, 3000 or 6500!
The present PE is around 18.(as per NSE data)
But the article i copied and posted from HDFC MF site quotes aug 11 sensex PE 13(1 yr forward PE).. Then 18 is what PE? Which one to follow?

I had given link to check P/E, Historial value of nifty and sensex and historical value of NAVs on 1st page and until now I was in thoughts post is there. Seems some mod deleted it. It's really absured as I posted nse, bse, amfi site and not any blog or something. Anyways, here's links for everyone

http://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/ind_pepbyield.htm for nse several indices like nifty, bank, it, auto etc p/e

http://www.bseindia.com/mktlive/ind...s&graphpath=/applet/images/graf_appSENSEX.gif for sensex and it's consitute value, daily p/e

http://www.bseindia.com/stockinfo/indices.aspx sensex historical value with some indices p/e

http://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/ind_histvalues.htm nifty, midcap, it, bank et al values

http://www.amfiindia.com/NavHistoryReport_Frm.aspx nav's historical value

please keep these as bookmark/favourte in your browser for quick daily access. :)

The present PE is around 18.(as per NSE data)
But the article i copied and posted from HDFC MF site quotes aug 11 sensex PE 13(1 yr forward PE).. Then 18 is what PE? Which one to follow?
Logically speaking forward p/e holds no ground and is hypothetical or imaginary data . It's a assumption based on past 4 quarters that how will coming 4 quarters or year will be. If forward p/e is 11 than the assumed projected p/e for next one year becomes 11. Projections can become wrong tomorrow suppose govt takes big time decision and market go up 20-25% from here than p/e in no time will touch 25 again. The declining p/e is nowhere necessary to keep going to 11 or 13 or can be projected and hence don't look at jargon words like forward p/e, trailing p/e, rolling p/e and blah blah.. these all are to confuse and earn more and more brokerages. No one will publish such reports when real p/e is down below 13. All broking house in that time will advise to sell. Thats reality and not such jargons like double top, lower bottoms, trinagle pattern, india growth story, gdp at 8-9-10... which are nothing but crap. if a girl is beautiful and good his father won't reapeat my girl is somya, shusil, sundar everyday to everyone he meets. she'll get best boy for her in world. same way if indian economy is good, growing at 8-9-10, why fin min, rbi, fin seceratry, pm and economic advisor comes on tv daily and repeat same thing. that means "daal is kaali".

Now some important things for all who read this thread -

Suppose in a market of rs 1500 turnover when a person (dii and fii) having rs 1000 buys something he'll sell from 3000 to 1001. But 100 normal investors with 5 rs feels at 2500 price is attractive, they than averages out at 2000 and again at 1500 and again at 1300 but than they loose hope and sell his holdings to fiis and diis at 1000 and chain continues. So be a buyer at any levels and don't read or listen what world says, be confirm on your findings and theories. Whatever goes up will come down but won't go to zero levels. Someday someway turnaround will happen. People are satisfied in keeping Fixed deposit for 5-5 years but 5 bad days of market makes them nervous. Keep putting money at all levels. Long term or short term, soon or late, both will pay off, just have paitence.

Logically speaking forward p/e holds no ground and is hypothetical or imaginary data . It's a assumption based on past 4 quarters that how will coming 4 quarters or year will be. If forward p/e is 11 than the assumed projected p/e for next one year becomes 11. Projections can become wrong tomorrow suppose govt takes big time decision and market go up 20-25% from here than p/e in no time will touch 25 again. The declining p/e is nowhere necessary to keep going to 11 or 13 or can be projected and hence don't look at jargon words like forward p/e, trailing p/e, rolling p/e and blah blah.. these all are to confuse and earn more and more brokerages. No one will publish such reports when real p/e is down below 13. All broking house in that time will advise to sell. Thats reality and not such jargons like double top, lower bottoms, trinagle pattern, india growth story, gdp at 8-9-10... which are nothing but crap. if a girl is beautiful and good his father won't reapeat my girl is somya, shusil, sundar everyday to everyone he meets. she'll get best boy for her in world. same way if indian economy is good, growing at 8-9-10, why fin min, rbi, fin seceratry, pm and economic advisor comes on tv daily and repeat same thing. that means "daal is kaali".

Now some important things for all who read this thread -

Suppose in a market of rs 1500 turnover when a person (dii and fii) having rs 1000 buys something he'll sell from 3000 to 1001. But 100 normal investors with 5 rs feels at 2500 price is attractive, they than averages out at 2000 and again at 1500 and again at 1300 but than they loose hope and sell his holdings to fiis and diis at 1000 and chain continues. So be a buyer at any levels and don't read or listen what world says, be confirm on your findings and theories. Whatever goes up will come down but won't go to zero levels. Someday someway turnaround will happen. People are satisfied in keeping Fixed deposit for 5-5 years but 5 bad days of market makes them nervous. Keep putting money at all levels. Long term or short term, soon or late, both will pay off, just have paitence.
Yes nice comments... But i dont even consider the word selling in down market. even when market is going up i will think many times before making sell calls...( i have my clear goals-- I will decide based on that)
I repeatedly tell that we should be prepared for whatever movement happens in sensex(up/Down)...

Nothing to wait for: article from Value research online
http://www.valueresearchonline.com/story/h2_storyview.asp?str=17756
...............................................................These are as far as flows go. On valuation of stocks, the differences were even starker. Today, the deviation from the historic average PE is about -4%, i.e., stocks are cheaper than they have been historically. In January 2008, this was +41 %--stocks were a lot more expensive than they had been. Compared to other markets too, valuations are not that high. The point should be clear to everyonethe number on the calendar is not 2008, but 2011. Whatever is bad today, will stay bad for years or decades to come so theres no point waiting. In every other way, the investment environment is actually quite good. Theres nothing to wait for.

Market southward
Doesnt matter
happy to see red everywhere
I additionally purchased my unitis at todays level
I will wait for another 700-800 points down to purchase additional units again
Till then SIP will run
Happy investing to all