Best Nifty Strategy-Must Read

msa5678

Jalan / MSA , can u'll advise on this

is it that GANN works best in first half ie before 12.00

another thing is max we should take 2 trades

what are your views ?

and is there any particular imp of taking values @ 9.29 AM
Hi Rahul,

Gann Values are for Intraday, All through the day. If you are trading using these values, Take all the trades which are triggered , Irrespective of the time they are generated and the no. of times the trades are triggered.
Regarding @ 9:29 AM

I quote Sourab Gandhi (Considered an expert in Gann Values Application to Trading).

'''''''''''
To do intraday trading based on this system, you need to take the LTP of index or stock after
9:15 am in morning.
Ideally you should take the Weighted Average Price of any stock or scrip between 9:15 am -
9:30 am. (This timing is for Indian markets. If you are dealing in some other market the time
range should be initial 15 minutes.)

If somebody could help me out on this.

How do we calculate the WAP for 9:29am from the NSE site ?

The graph on the left hand corner of the NSE site gives the market price for 9:29am. From hereon how do i proceed to calculate WAP ?

Thnks. Aditya

jallanankit

If somebody could help me out on this.

How do we calculate the WAP for 9:29am from the NSE site ?

The graph on the left hand corner of the NSE site gives the market price for 9:29am. From hereon how do i proceed to calculate WAP ?

Thnks. Aditya
Go to the GET QUOTE section in the website... and search for NIFTY... Use current month exiry period and VOILA...! u get it..!!! :)

Want even simple trick...

Cut and copy the following link in ur browser.. lol...:D

http://www.nseindia.com/live_market...ument=FUTIDX&expiry=25OCT2011&type=-&strike=-

Jalan have u'll tested this with LTP @ 9.29

i was doing some back testing with LTP for nifty and stocks

and it giving same results :)

i don't have nifty historic data so i was not able to do a full back test

jallanankit

Jalan have u'll tested this with LTP @ 9.29

i was doing some back testing with LTP for nifty and stocks

and it giving same results :)

i don't have nifty historic data so i was not able to do a full back test
no i have not tsted it...

working on a different methodolgy..!! lets c...

anaywys even tht method will give results later as i m having my xams in NOV, so i m taking a break from trading.. So off for 2 months.. U guys carry on the good work..!! Catch u MID NOV... Tc till then...!!

r u preparing for CA ?

if time permits then plz keep posting ur levels and views on trades

all the best for ur exams :)

jallanankit

yes u got it right.. Finals ahead..!! and thnx for ur best wishes..

And yup i will try to keep myself up with the posts to the extent possible..!!

Hi Jallan ,

Your idea is fine, In fact I have used combination of GANN values with another AFL , a couple of times successfully.

I am still in the process of backtesting GANN Values. I have tested 54 days data as of today, which has given an average of 15.2 pts per day. I plan to extend the backtest to 6 months time. By that time if average is sustaining above 10 pts per day. Then I feel there is no need for combining with other strategy. Gann Values alone will be suffucient to enter boldy.

Regards:),
Hi, Just read 77 pages of this thread! Interesting.

A request to you can you share 54 days of backtest results in detail.
in XLS, PDF or any format?
I shall try to analyse it further. Don't have resources to backtest myself. And this is the advantage of forum, smart work.