Best ELSS(Tax saving mutual funds)

Magnum is better option between the two.
It has consistently outperformed the index and HDFC tax saver.

Though both these schemes are good, but if you want to choose either of the two, Magnum tax gain should be your choice.

Re: Good ELSS scheme

hi friends this is my first post to traderiji...
I like to invest Rs 30000 for tax saving. which ELSS scheme is better and giving good returns without much risks.I dont know much about the technical details of the mutual funds.Kindly give your suggestion.

I heard abt principal tax(72%) saving and Taurus Libra Taxshield (108%)...Whether to go for anyone of this ? Anyother suggestions will also be helpful to me.
Hi Ashok

No offence .... but you are requested to do a search concerning the topic you want to post on, firstly. There are already a number of threads running on ELSS and bringing up another one will only serve to distract others and give your concern lesser attention besides cluttering up the forum.

Please consider posting in one of the existing forums.

Hi all,
what about taurus tax saver and principal tax saving..both are givning good returns...whether it can considered for ELSS?iam planning to invest bulk amounts not thru SIP?what the call on it?

hi friends,
i want to invest 30k in elss but i have no much time, to invest in elss through sip.So i invest once at a time.
so i want to distribute this 30k in three MF's 10k each can any body suggest that which MF's are good for investment.

hi freinds,

i want to invest 30k in MF's (elss for tax rebate) but i have no time to go through sip.
i want to invest in three different MF's(elss) 10k each .Can anybody suggest which elss are good one fo investment

hi freinds,

i want to invest 30k in MF's (elss for tax rebate) but i have no time to go through sip.
i want to invest in three different MF's(elss) 10k each .Can anybody suggest which elss are good one fo investment
I think you could go in for the following:

a. SBI Magnum Taxgain (Growth) - 12K
b. HDFC Taxsaver - 12K
c. Principal ELSS Scheme - 6K

The former two, concentrate heavily on largecaps whilst Principal roots for Midcaps and Smallcaps prominently. So you will have a balanced out portfolio this way.

Let me know how this sounds to you

i would like to invest in taurus libra tax shield
kindly tell me if this elss is a good choice or not?

I heard that this is an open ended mf is there any lock in period for this elss

I would like to invest in Monthly income Mutual funds.Suggest me best Monthly Income Mutual Funds

Last edited: