BankNifty PUTs & CALLs

Nifty's options are better than BankNifty's option?

• YES

Votes: 140 74.9%
  • NO

Votes: 47 25.1%

• Total voters

Blackhole

How do you calculate max pain ?
i do that visually on expiry day..with the help of some excell sheet.....keeping in mind entire series trading range + max oi tracked thru out and last few days chang of OI.

I have many tools...irony virtually all of them stopped working....even used to visit some sites for the confirmation ...all of them die...last month my OI tool got currupted ,had some excel tools all of them stoped working even Option oracle n raj sheet is not working....need to research on the same again.

rip07

i do that visually on expiry day..with the help of some excell sheet.....keeping in mind entire series trading range + max oi tracked thru out and last few days chang of OI.

I have many tools...irony virtually all of them stopped working....even used to visit some sites for the confirmation ...all of them die...last month my OI tool got currupted ,had some excel tools all of them stoped working even Option oracle n raj sheet is not working....need to research on the same again.
May be this site can help...

marketcalls.in/oi-tracker

ripp07

rip07

@blackhole,

Very interesting way to present one's performance in a picture. One can learn a lot from it. I was trying to understand these numbers and found that since last year although you have many + months, your overall P/L is yet to be positive. I would like to know about it. You have great patience and you are doing good effort in posting your work every day.

Looking forward to learn more about it!!

Thanks
rip07

Blackhole

@blackhole,

Very interesting way to present one's performance in a picture. One can learn a lot from it. I was trying to understand these numbers and found that since last year although you have many + months, your overall P/L is yet to be positive. I would like to know about it. You have great patience and you are doing good effort in posting your work every day.

Looking forward to learn more about it!!

Thanks
rip07

hi!...its columbus's thread....he started in nifty and banknifty both....now he handles Nifty and i BNF.....

this is not my performance its instruments behavior thru out the duration + option data of a day...

welll this kind of data can help u place the strategy...for example...i had sold straddle of both NF and BNF 8-10 days before budget ....closed all my positions one befor budget(earned decent amount)....then i bought strangles of both nf /bnd and continued buying it till 2 days....my position size was thrice of straddles (had placed earlier)....booked % wise and kept one lot till last last......my biggest trade of the year.......Iron condor broken into peices placed played opposed to all theories......just because i had data like above for past few budgets i knw that range for bnf budget month should be over 2000p.....

earlier i used to buy call or put before earning season and wait....many times it worked well....statistically thats bad

this data can help u play market as per statistics. friendly it can help u statistically stay positive in a longer run

usage of facts,myth , illusion ,maths for trading benefit....My Pnl is positive since long....just sometimes my gambling instinct kicks in and give in and when market decides to punish me.....

Go thru the thread and search on net further.....might help u learn something which many traders do not knw or it usage and that might help u.

hope this helps

Last edited: