Augubhai's notes - Smarts, Guts and Luck

DSM

Kya baat hai! We hope to see much more of these trades!

1M chart is a good idea, if you have a discount broker, and can take small but quick profits if the market is rangebound and cut your losses quick. In a trending market ofcourse, you can try to go in for the kill, but forget the technicals levels then and don't let a profit turn into a loss.

At the end of the day, its money management.

QUOTE=augubhai;789036]great scalps today... win after win after win... too good a day.

in the morning, got into a hole, not too big though. Then i scalped my day into good profits. maybe, it was just that the day was good for scalping both ways. i am happy until the day this method meets with disaster :)[/QUOTE]

augubhai

Kya baat hai! We hope to see much more of these trades!

1M chart is a good idea, if you have a discount broker, and can take small but quick profits if the market is rangebound and cut your losses quick. In a trending market ofcourse, you can try to go in for the kill, but forget the technicals levels then and don't let a profit turn into a loss.

At the end of the day, its money management.

QUOTE=augubhai;789036]great scalps today... win after win after win... too good a day.

in the morning, got into a hole, not too big though. Then i scalped my day into good profits. maybe, it was just that the day was good for scalping both ways. i am happy until the day this method meets with disaster :)
[/QUOTE]

I was trading off 1 min charts of lower priced options. Costs are negligible. Used Parabolic SAR today. Kept target at 1-6 times risk.

I am hoping that this strategy will make profit in all kind of days.... ranging and trending. In today's trend moves, i captured just part of the moves - again and again and again. but since the profits were multiples of risk, i am very happy.

Whenever the big movers moved the nifty train, they left a small bag of money for me.... :)

DSM

Goodwork Augubhai. Whatever method you follow, just ensure you are positive in your trading at the end of the week, if not each day. Learnt it from the market and sharing with you. The market does not respect what you think, or your levels. So don't let your opinion of the market and what you think come in the way of trading or taking profit. We only follow what the market is doing, irrespective of our thinking. We always trade on the same side of the market. Taking profits, and cutting losses.

I appreciate your perseverance in keeping at your trades and post day after day. I am sure you will be having mental rules for taking trades, but it is good to write them down on paper and note down when you did not follow it, why you did not, and what happened.

Trade safe, trade well.

I was trading off 1 min charts of lower priced options. Costs are negligible. Used Parabolic SAR today. Kept target at 1-6 times risk.

I am hoping that this strategy will make profit in all kind of days.... ranging and trending. In today's trend moves, i captured just part of the moves - again and again and again. but since the profits were multiples of risk, i am very happy.

Whenever the big movers moved the nifty train, they left a small bag of money for me.... :)[/QUOTE]