Augubhai's diary and notes

How many day trading levels will I complete in 2012? A level is about 100 NF points.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

augubhai

Until now, I pretended that I was learning. I tried all kinds of day trading, and failed in all styles. I took trades off 1 min to 30 min charts, without charts, with and without indicators. Huge position sizes and single lots. Traded NF, BNF and JSW.

Ignored advise from everyone (which is ok if you know how to listen to the market). Overall, looking back, it seems that I tried my best to fail.

Only advise that I took was from PartTime Trader, who told me to backtest. While I did not backtest, I downloaded a copy of Amibroker from the site (so not pirated, but not licensed either), and data from tradewithme. Had a look at some of this year's charts.

I call all of this level 0. Now I am starting a game. Aim is to earn about 100 post brokerage points before moving to the next level.

Level 1 starts today. No an auspicious start with a losing first trade.

Until now, I pretended that I was learning. I tried all kinds of day trading, and failed in all styles. I took trades off 1 min to 30 min charts, without charts, with and without indicators. Huge position sizes and single lots. Traded NF, BNF and JSW.

Ignored advise from everyone (which is ok if you know how to listen to the market). Overall, looking back, it seems that I tried my best to fail.

Only advise that I took was from PartTime Trader, who told me to backtest. While I did not backtest, I downloaded a copy of Amibroker from the site (so not pirated, but not licensed either), and data from tradewithme. Had a look at some of this year's charts.

I call all of this level 0. Now I am starting a game. Aim is to earn about 100 post brokerage points before moving to the next level.

Level 1 starts today. No an auspicious start with a losing first trade.
If your first target is 100 points net per month, then use higher time frame 10, 15 minutes minimum, even 30 minutes should work out well.

Focus on position sizing, for e.g. instead of 2 lots of Nifty, use 5 lots of Mini-Nifty for trading, Initial position 2/3 lots plus 2/3 for scaling-in, also keep booking some profit (scaling-out) when you get a good move in your favor.

Have everything you want to do as a written plan.

Your ability to execute these trades is your edge :thumb:

augubhai

If your first target is 100 points net per month, then use higher time frame 10, 15 minutes minimum, even 30 minutes should work out well.

Focus on position sizing, for e.g. instead of 2 lots of Nifty, use 5 lots of Mini-Nifty for trading, Initial position 2/3 lots plus 2/3 for scaling-in, also keep booking some profit (scaling-out) when you get a good move in your favor.

Have everything you want to do as a written plan.

Your ability to execute these trades is your edge :thumb:

Again, I am not following sane advice I think. I was trading with multiple lots all this while. But for level 1, I will be trading with just 1 lot. Will increase lot size after 100 points. looking at both 5 min and 30 min charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.