Augubhai's diary and notes

How many day trading levels will I complete in 2012? A level is about 100 NF points.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

augubhai

good day.... 2nd consecutive day in green.

in the morning caught 1 good downmove in Nifty, but then kept losing and went to breakeven (post-brokerage)

shifted to options (long only) in the afternoon. caught 1 good move in 5700PE and 2 good moves in 5500CE.

Options appear to give cleaner trades than futures.

All these days, I avoided options thinking about the time decay, but now since I am trading quick moves and adding in the same move, time decay is not so relevant. Options make sense, if only to reduce brokerage. (Moving to RKSV will be even better, but I am not not doing that for now) I can hold positions till the last seconds, and possibly capture last minute moves, since the capital risked is lesser.

the only advantage of trading futures is that I need to monitor only one chart, and the number of orders to be placed is lesser. In trading a put and call, typos are a big risk. Wish I had access to some better trading platform.

augubhai

for any real trader its too dificult to post @live...:thumb:
Yes Vijay, I agree.

The only reason I post is to have a trading diary. I can always go back and refer to my trades and notes. I somehow am never able to maintain an offline trading record. For example, i have not posted most of today's trades ( actually too many), so I will not even be referring or remembering them at a later date.

I will post some charts in a while, so that I atleast have a visual record of my trades.

VJAY

Dear Augubhai,
For keeping journal you can post it after close too...its good if with chart you post you can rewind trades too for review....

Status
Not open for further replies.