Afin's trading diary

I am a man of science. I am driven by quantitative proofs and strongly prefer an academically rigorous and analytical validation before jumping into something, in this case a trade.

I was fooled by an absolutely laughable rookie school boy mistake in my calculations that I copmletely oversaw. Maybe in my own overconfidence. That threw up a bad noise signal as indicated in the figure below. This led to 2 wrong trades - one on my intraday system & one on my swing system, despite overwhelming anecdotal evidence confirming otherwise. Ofcourse, I do not have something visualized in the fanciful mind of mine to imagine a trade.

I have since adjusted the quant behind it and smoothened it further to minimize the noise variables. I am no fool to say that I will 100% eliminate all the noise factors. It cannot simply be done and if I am saying that would happen, I am only deluding myself. Now back to the business of scaling up a puny capital based trading account :)

1588212695868.png

What do you trade - options or stock?
I have just 3 instruments that I have on my scanner. One of them is the index. I look at the underlying Fut value & enter into intraday trades based on ultra short TF. For this I chose weekly index options that are ATM.

The following is a great piece that I have been listening to since my childhood. There are many versions of this legendary Tyagaraja keertana but I prefer this version by Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer the most.

One of the others I listen to each day.

I am a man of science. I am driven by quantitative proofs and strongly prefer an academically rigorous and analytical validation before jumping into something, in this case a trade.

I was fooled by an absolutely laughable rookie school boy mistake in my calculations that I copmletely oversaw. Maybe in my own overconfidence. That threw up a bad noise signal as indicated in the figure below. This led to 2 wrong trades - one on my intraday system & one on my swing system, despite overwhelming anecdotal evidence confirming otherwise. Ofcourse, I do not have something visualized in the fanciful mind of mine to imagine a trade.

I have since adjusted the quant behind it and smoothened it further to minimize the noise variables. I am no fool to say that I will 100% eliminate all the noise factors. It cannot simply be done and if I am saying that would happen, I am only deluding myself. Now back to the business of scaling up a puny capital based trading account :)
With reference to this post made since I had readjusted my trading calculations to be executed, I consider a fresh start.

Will be posting my trade log here. I like to keep things simple. In the same vein, here it is.

1588263634247.png

If people are interested in a complex and fancy looking trade journal, here is one for you. I found it online a few months ago on some site.

Attachments

D. Muthukrishnan said the following. I couldn't agree more.

And to all those asking for my views on what direction/ gap up and gap down that the markets will take on Monday after opening - my only piece of advice - "be your own analyst" :D

With reference to this post made since I had readjusted my trading calculations to be executed, I consider a fresh start.

Will be posting my trade log here. I like to keep things simple. In the same vein, here it is.
There seems to be some misconception here. I swing both sides according to signals generated on my composite custom quantitative based indicator. In the previous image posted, I had hidden the direction and the instrument I trade.

I am posting the direction of the trade here but I am definitely hiding the instruments I am trading. I will be maintaining 2 separate spreadsheets - one for my index options and the other for my instrument X which will remain not named. Instrument X was not traded on Apr 30th. Signals had generated but I was unable to enter into them that day.

Will try to post this as frequently as I can. Capital size will be calculated only on a weekly/ fortnightly basis or when I achieve some significant milestones.

Capital size as on date: Rs. 9,600 and Rs. 17, 890 respectively on both the counters as on today after some withdrawals made.

1588419740887.png