30M tracking of Supertrend in Nifty and Bank Nifty

DSM

The beauty of trading options rather than futures :

1. If you are certain of being directionally right, here's what a 200% gain looks like in Nifty in about two days and 70% gain in BankNifty.

2. Why buy options? - You know Max loss is 100% in worst case scenario, but max gain more than 100+%

DSM

As the purpose of this thread is to analyse and evolve basis learning from 30M System, have analysed Nifty Chart, and made notes. Since we are holding no position, have considered theoretically what entries and exits the systems has given. To have a clearer view of the chart have compressed the 20D chart to 5 Day. But to have a better understanding of the trend, will mark the 10 D chart.

Net gain 112 points on 3 days, not considering a gain of 77 points which was given up. So a learning here is to trail SL so as to not give up more than 50% profit in a move. Is that the right way to go? Will know as we go forward.

This analysis is just theoretical in nature and will not be considered in our results as it is not taken in real time.

DSM

Today, as per system :

Nifty Buy @ 6,140 (Will update as signal tracks price)
Presently Nifty @ 6,107
Buy signal 33 points away

Bank Nifty Buy @ 10,885 (Will update as signal tracks price)
Presently BankNifty @ 10,780
Buy signal 105 points away

umeshmandal

Today, as per system :

Presently Nifty @ 6,107

Thanks for this effort ! So it implies that ST is in SELL mode in both indices, right ? Where , I mean at what level did ST (Supertrend) go short ?

How do you know the levels of BUY? Is it the Supertrend level? What if price touches the BUY level and closes below, ST would remain where it is and price continue to remain below ST ! Just my observation as per whatever little I have gathered about ST ! So please confirm !

Today, as per system :

Presently Nifty @ 6,107

Event day...........impossible to predict.....nifty 6090.....is very crucial....below....that level will be clear bearish.....ss 6050.........:thumb:

Bank nifty.....oh...below 10550 will be clear......free fall.....but now looks strong....:thumb:

DSM

Right Umesh, Both Nifty and BankNifty are in Sell mode since 24th.

BankNifty : Signalled short on 24th @ 10,958
Nifty : Signalled short on 24th @ 6,186

Level of buy is known where the ST Indicator trails price. As of now :

Buy for Nifty, if price close above : 6,125 / Current price 6,085
Buy for BankNifty, if price close above : 10,800 / Current price 10,695

Price bar should close above the signal to buy. If the price reverts below the signal, it will be a short again. Supertrend will keep you in the trade, long or short.

Do revert for questions / clarifications. It helps to clear thinking and though process - Mine as well. :) :) :)

Thanks for this effort ! So it implies that ST is in SELL mode in both indices, right ? Where , I mean at what level did ST (Supertrend) go short ?

How do you know the levels of BUY? Is it the Supertrend level? What if price touches the BUY level and closes below, ST would remain where it is and price continue to remain below ST ! Just my observation as per whatever little I have gathered about ST ! So please confirm !

umeshmandal

BankNifty : Signalled short on 24th @ 10,958
Nifty : Signalled short on 24th @ 6,186

Price bar should close above the signal to buy. If the price reverts below the signal, it will be a short again. Supertrend will keep you in the trade, long or short.

Do revert for questions / clarifications. It helps to clear thinking and though process - Mine as well. :) :) :)
Thanks DSM. I had reservation about the BUY level being X points away, because in this strategy we need to wait for "CLOSE" ! This post by you is probably a better way to depict the Trade in this case. Here the anomaly creeps in in RT when ST is crossed by a bar but the same fails to close above or below !
Yes, interaction surely clarifies big and small all confusions about the strategy !

DSM

BankNifty remains buy at 10,800 / Current 10,862
Nifty buy revised at 6,128 / Current 6,112

(waiting for confirmation on the bar close. The entry will be triggered at the price prevailing on bar close)

DSM

Mechanical systems will have losses for sure. Else all would be rich. There would be no need to work. Only switch on the monitor at 9.15 and close the same at 3.30 :) :) :) Imagine if that would happen - There would be no doctors, no engineers, no need to study, except follow SuperTrend :) Jokes apart, what we expect from the system is that it will have more wins than losses, (it will have losses for sure) and lets hope the wins are bigger than the losses. We shall see where Supertrend takes us by 31st Dec. Till then, keep tracking to understand the nuances of signals as they happen. And good luck to us all!

Situation was exactly as we were discussing, BNF 11 AM bar did a high of 10899 and closed at closed lower !